Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think when I schedule my first oil change, I am going to order the forged polish wheels...the 20s that came with the touring package, just don't do it for me...Anyone bought the touring package, and then upgraded to the polished wheels???? do they use the same tires?

Click on pics for larger image drrrrrrriver.jpg passside.jpg frront.jpg

·
Registered
126 Posts
Jeverall, you can buy mine! I have decided to sell em. I will be going the chrome look!
Anyway, please dont buy them from the dealer....they will gouge you. Mine JX is a mirror image of the pictures you just posted. I' ll be keeping the tires but my brand new wheels gotta go!
Airlaird

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeverall, you can buy mine! I have decided to sell em. I will be going the chrome look!
Anyway, please dont buy them from the dealer....they will gouge you. Mine JX is a mirror image of the pictures you just posted. I' ll be keeping the tires but my brand new wheels gotta go!
Airlaird
I was wanting to go for more of a chrome look as well. I thought the polished forged wheels looked like a chrome finish, no??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Jeverall, mine are like the pics you posted but are the ...what i call " liquid graphite". ( which is what Lexus calls their wheel color). anyway, they are not chrome. But, those OEM chrome ones gotta be $3,000 bucks or so?
Anyway, not soliciting, but I'm gonna hit EBAY with mine here soon for $1300 bucks..for that price you can get em' chromed ;-))
airlaird

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
524 Posts
BTW, I like how the top black extends to the windshield. My gray JX doesn't have that color.

You should consider black rims.

·
Registered
193 Posts
He wants my rims, see here:

http://www.infinitijxforum.com/showthread.php/1233-Midnight-Garnet-JX35-with-20-quot-Forged-Rims

The issue is you can't go to the dealer and buy these 4 rims and 4 tires for $1600. That is an upgrade from the 18" rim/tire combo that is stock. But like you are doing, if you can sell your 20" tire/rim combo you should be able to do it for a very reasonable price. I love the Forged rims, they look more unique and much sportier in my opinion. Both 20" rims come with the same size Bridgestone Dueler tires.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok, maybe my 1st post wasn't clear? Those pics are my JX, I have the touring package, and the ugly 20s that come with it. So I am thinking we already have the same wheels. I was inquiring about the optional forged 20s that aren't available with the touring package. the ones shown here...
http://www.infinitijxforum.com/showthread.php/1233-Midnight-Garnet-JX35-with-20-quot-Forged-Rims
Also, View attachment 238
These are $1600 MSRP...
So what are you going to sell your touring 20" for?

·
Registered
126 Posts
No.... Can't do that .....;-) i got use them for my new ones. But, i got a hook at a wheel company so i'm just gonna quickly dump my four day old wheels for a measley $1200 bucks plus shipping
Airlaird

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm seeking to get to close to the same. There is a set of the touring wheels on ebay for $2200, so it seems $1200 would be a fair price. I am going to sell my touring wheels, AFTER I get the polished ones put on my tires, which won't be for a couple of months. I still have less than 1K miles on my trJJX

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just to be clear, the optional 20" forged wheels are polished aluminum, and powder clear coated. They're not chrome.

If you want chrome, check this out http://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-OF-4-20...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aea96a544&vxp=mtr

Those guys also have an option where you send them your wheels and $900, and they will send you a set of chromed ones.
thanks, Good tip. that is what I thought.. The polished aluminum isn't as shiny as the chrome. I contacted the seller/company you referred to at that link. With the exchange program the ask that the rims be identical... The 20" chrome ones this guy has posted are like the 20" polished aluminum ones from infiniti. I have the 20" touring rims, which are a little bit of a different style. I am going to see if he will exchange anyways.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks, Good tip. that is what I thought.. The polished aluminum isn't as shiny as the chrome. I contacted the seller/company you referred to at that link. With the exchange program the ask that the rims be identical... The 20" chrome ones this guy has posted are like the 20" polished aluminum ones from infiniti. I have the 20" touring rims, which are a little bit of a different style. I am going to see if he will exchange anyways.
So the company on ebay that will exchange my 20" touring wheels for chromed ones, advised that I shouldn't purchase "chrome plated" rims since I live near Salt Water... This sucks.. because I want Chrome, (not polished aluminum), and I want to keep my factory tires. Maybe the new QX version will have an option for factory Chrome 20s?? I am skeptical to go the aftermarket route, because I dont' want to jeopardize ride quality. Airlaird, have you noticed any difference with your aftermarkets?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts