Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw how good 22s looked on LastTimelord's JX so I also took the plung.

22" black on crome with 265/40/22 Hankook Ventus RH06 rubbers.

Hankook Ventus RH06 had the rim protectors on them so did not have to go with 265/45.
This setup puts it over OEM about 5mm. Oem rubbers handled really sloppy. After the upgrade the JX handles likes a sports car,little exaggerated but wayyy better than oem.:D

IMG_20120616_165020.jpg IMG_20120616_165108.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
:D :cool: :cool: :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not my style in wheels, but props on getting this done! Fitment looks good!

Did you put on those chrome door strips? Keep the car classy and lose those man! Definitely not feeling them!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am guessing you assume you will never, ever go off-road (or hit a pothole). With "Crossover SUV" in our XC70's description, we actually use it off road. I learned long ago with skiing and mountain biking photography, the pictures never really show how steep terrain is. The "road" in this picture is exceptionally steep, I had to push against the steering wheel and left foot on the floor to keep from sliding off the front of the driver's seat. See the black on the rocks? That's from tires spinning on them searching for traction. We passed a Jeep up there and they looked at us like we were nuts in this car. :)

Anyhoooo... those are 55 series 17" tires on the car. I was really nervous about having them pinging around in the rocks, with not a lot of wheel protection. I was wishing I had my 65 series Hakapelitta 16" snow tires on instead. We ordered our JX with the standard 18" wheels and 65 series tires, for those times when it does get adventurous. I need to round up another set of wheels for snow tires, but they will also be 18" and the tires will be pizza cutter skinny to cut through the snow instead of float.

I'm not a fan of bling wheels for functionality reasons, but to each their own!

IMG_3864.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Holy chrome batman...J/K. :) Gives me a better feel of rims against our future Blk Ob coming in.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am guessing you assume you will never, ever go off-road (or hit a pothole). With "Crossover SUV" in our XC70's description, we actually use it off road. I learned long ago with skiing and mountain biking photography, the pictures never really show how steep terrain is. The "road" in this picture is exceptionally steep, I had to push against the steering wheel and left foot on the floor to keep from sliding off the front of the driver's seat. See the black on the rocks? That's from tires spinning on them searching for traction. We passed a Jeep up there and they looked at us like we were nuts in this car. :)

Anyhoooo... those are 55 series 17" tires on the car. I was really nervous about having them pinging around in the rocks, with not a lot of wheel protection. I was wishing I had my 65 series Hakapelitta 16" snow tires on instead. We ordered our JX with the standard 18" wheels and 65 series tires, for those times when it does get adventurous. I need to round up another set of wheels for snow tires, but they will also be 18" and the tires will be pizza cutter skinny to cut through the snow instead of float.

I'm not a fan of bling wheels for functionality reasons, but to each their own!

View attachment 81
Those Hakapelitta's were the best snow tires ive had ever! I support your thought on not using the vehicle or its purpose as it should since it is a sports utility vehicle, but others differ. Everyone has their own taste i guess. But for sure i wouldnt mind takin it off road here and there.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You can have 17" bling rims too!

It's the size of the rim that makes it impractical not the design. I don't see many people taking the JX off road so I don't think a 20"+ rim would be a problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts