I have had the JX for 3 weeks now and have put only around 500 miles on it. So I am technically still on my honeymoon period
But yeah I still do have a list of annoyances even though all in all I still think I like the car.
1. Fog light must be turned on with Headlight. When my fog light is turned on, the headlight is also forcibly turned on. I wish there is a way to make "auto headlight" really works with the fog light in "on" position. I love the auto headlight function, but I want my fog light to be OFF when my headlight is not needed in the daytime.
2. I think whoever designed the nanny features in the technologies needs to be shot in the brain. I really hate not being able to input my destination on the GPS, dial the screen for phonecall, and many other features when the vehicle is moving. Sure, one can argue it is a safety feature. I agree that it is handy, but it really pisses me off when I was in the middle of dialing a number, or inputting destination during a stop light and had to stop when the light turn green.
3. I wish the outside rearview mirror would auto fold when my gear is in park position
4. Yes, the beeping sound on lift gate is too loud/ too long. I wish there was a way to reduce it as well. I hate it when the beeping sound had to wake up my sleeping little ones.
5. iphone phonebook sync is not working for me! grrrr... according to some threads here, iphone is not supported. What kind of technology does not support an iphone phone book sync??? [Edit: I was still unable to get iphone to sync, but I am able to use the voicecommand to access my phonebook. You just need to make sure to pronounce lastname, firstname]
6. The USB video playback is EXTREMELY PAINFUL. God I probably spent easily a week trying to figure it out and I gave up. I read all the thread, I tried different USB sticks, I tried different FAT formats, I tried ripping my movies using different divx or asf formats. When I got the video to work from USB stick, it is unreliable and errors out for no reason. When it does work, sometime it took super long to read from the USB stick and times out. (Note: mp3 music plays just fine though) [Edit: I am now able to figure out what format to use! The simplest thing is to use DIVX PLUS CONVERTER http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus and use .divx format. It works reliably and beautifully]
7. Voice command for accessing phonebook contact on iphone or vehicle phonebook sucks. Maybe all my friends have funny names, or I am not pronouncing them correctly. But after trying to place a call using this method and doing so unsuccessfully by getting different names from what I wanted, I feel that it is very frustrating, annoying and even more dangerous compared to me just dialing the number directly from the screen. Oh wait! I can't freakin do that when the car is moving.... So, I say just screw the voice recognition on address book and dial directly on my iphone. I feel its a lot faster and safer.
[EDIT: Voicecommand works fine for phonebook access on my iphone. you just need to pronounce lastname, firstname].
8. I like how the JX looks from the front, but I agree it looks hideous from the side.
9. The person who designs the USB location should also be shot. Try plugging in USB cable when the vehicle is moving, its almost impossible. Heck try to do it when the vehicle is stationary, its is also very hard because you can't see the friggin plug. They should make it somewhat angled, so its easy to see the plug [EDIT: bought 3feet USB extension cable from newegg for $5 and fix this particular pain]
10. I really miss the "touch signal" on my mercedes and I wish they have it here in the JX. It is the feature where you just tab the signal lever and it signals three times and automatically shuts off.
11. I also wish there is a running board on the JX. A lot of people say the JX is low enough... Yes maybe if you are 6 foot tall. But for my wife and my 4 year old, not having the running board means they have to literally climb up the vehicle to get in.
12. Is anyone with me when I say the exhaust tip is ridiculously ugly on JX??
13. Yeah I also wish there is a way to turn the camera ON when the vehicle is moving. We are notorious for banging the wheel againts curbs, and it would be nice if we can see the curbs from the camera when we are making that turn.
14. I also feel that the car sway a little too much, but maybe its also because I am not used to driving large SUV/CUV (JX is our first big car)
15. Anyone with me when I say the moonroof inside cover feels light and cheap? reminds me of 'ol '94 honda civic. Doesn't feel like a luxury car at all.
As for the vehicle power, I am actually quite happy with it. It is a family car for us and we don't expect to use it for racing. The power is adequate and the pull is there (on STD and Sports Mode). I am more concerned that I still can't break the 18.3 miles per gallon fuel efficiencies so far, especially when 70%+ of my driving is highway driving.
I also want to make the record straight. Although I have 15 rants (so far) on the JX, I can also easily come up with 4x good things about the car. I am not sure that I would get any other car, especially at this price point.
If someone know how to fix my annoyances, please do let me know!