Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie JX owner, I can't seem to find any coin holder, is there any and where is it?

:confused:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Newbie JX owner, I can't seem to find any coin holder, is there any and where is it?

:confused:
There's a very limited coin storage at the front of the center console bin. Beyond that, I throw them into the bottom of the bin. I kept them in the top bin until I opened the bottom one one day and everything from the top went spilling out. Very poor design IMHO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, there is none then. Thanks, I thought I was so stupid couldn't find the coin box. They should replace the whole design team.

There's a very limited coin storage at the front of the center console bin. Beyond that, I throw them into the bottom of the bin. I kept them in the top bin until I opened the bottom one one day and everything from the top went spilling out. Very poor design IMHO.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm guessing the reasoning for limited coin storage is that most states that have tolls use electronic toll tags and many people don't carry around change like they used to (more people just use credit cards vs. cash nowadays). Went on a driving trip last year from IL to upstate NY and used our Ipass on all the toll roads from IL, IN, OH, PA and NY. The only state I know of that our Ipass doesn't work is in FL, for some reason they don't have theirs linked to the same network (there may be other states, but most I've been through work).

Any event, as the 2nd poster said... there is some coin storage in the center console. You stack them in the indentations.

Haven't seen many cars with much coin storage anymore. We have a small little drawer on our 2011 Camry that looks like it was orig. intended to be an ashtray but they lined it in felt and put a no cigarette sign on it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm guessing the reasoning for limited coin storage is that most states that have tolls use electronic toll tags and many people don't carry around change like they used to (more people just use credit cards vs. cash nowadays). Went on a driving trip last year from IL to upstate NY and used our Ipass on all the toll roads from IL, IN, OH, PA and NY. The only state I know of that our Ipass doesn't work is in FL, for some reason they don't have theirs linked to the same network (there may be other states, but most I've been through work).

Any event, as the 2nd poster said... there is some coin storage in the center console. You stack them in the indentations.

Haven't seen many cars with much coin storage anymore. We have a small little drawer on our 2011 Camry that looks like it was orig. intended to be an ashtray but they lined it in felt and put a no cigarette sign on it.
Very true, It's really only intended for small amounts of change I guess like quarters.

In Canada they should have a bigger coin holder (I hope) since canadians have a $2, $1 dollar, $0.25, etc coin.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is a coin storage in the center console. It's in the bottom part on front side of the console. I actually think its one of the better coin storages that I've had in any of my cars. Holds them nicely out of the way and they don't loosen and roll around. I only really keep quarters in there for the rare parking meter I might have to pay.

Here is a picture of it. They are the three vertical grooves (quarter,nickels,dimes)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts