Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No issues with highway MPG - getting exactly 23mpg like the sticker says, but city? I wish it were 17mpg, right now getting under 12. Just filled up 17gals of fuel after driving 200 miles, all in the city.

Peter

·
Registered
17 Posts
TripleSissy,
Are you using premium fuel? I have ran Shell V-Power (93 octane) since day 1. I drive in Standard mode and have been getting around 20-21 mpg even in city driving!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Just spent the past two days driving all over the Seattle/Bellvue/Tacoma region (352 miles) with lots of heavy stop and go traffic and still got 20.4 mpg using Costco premium. I just had the recall work done for the fuel line re-route and fuel gage software update and it looks like I'm getting an accurate distance to empty reading. I'm driving in the Standard mode most of the time and using manual 6th gear when on highways. It seems to make a difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just made a trip from SW Virginia to NJ and back about 460 miles each way. I have been using 93 high tests since I picked up the car and was getting 19-20 local about the same as my 2007 MDX. On the way up to NJ stopped once tor gas put in 93 when I got to NJ average millage 22.8 same as my old MDX. Found high test up to 45 to 55 cent over regular so I put in 89 instead of 93, I drove around for a few days 19-20 mpg came home using 89, millage when I got back home 22.8 no difference between the 93 and 89. I will be using 89 on long trips and 93 local.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am getting just over 21mpg in mixed driving, but I only have about 1100 miles on my JX, so I am very happy with that!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Driving habits do change your MPG rating quite a bit. Whats your driving style like? how much of it is city and highway?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Right now it is roughly. 50/50, maybe 60 HWY 40 City. I do tend to drive more aggressively, and I have not started using the cruise yet since I was fluctuating speeds to break the engine in.

Honestly, I think in the end I will be closer to 22. Right now I am reading 21.4. Crazy since I used to drive an Armada Platinum which I was getting exactly 15mph.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the morning commute to drop off kids at school and back home is killing the mileage. This traffic in Chicago in the morning is crazy.
Wife started to drive early now, to avoid most of it, so we will see if mpg improves. Plus we had the rpm recall done last week, but that should only help with highway driving using cruise control - very little highway driving for this JX.

Peter

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So last 2 fill ups gave the same mpg for wife's car - 13.8mpg. It sucks, but what can we do ...
Chicago traffic=not cool.

Peter

·
Registered
3 Posts
We haves similar issue. Our jx is only getting 16 mpg. Now my wife does do mostly city driving, but it should average higher than that.

Not happy. Maybe need to take it in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts