Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My JX has already have 16,000 miles on it. So far so good and I like it very much. However, I noticed one problem recently. The center display with the radio, AC and GPS, resets itself. It happens radomly when the car is cold started (well, it is not cold under the Texas sky, today is 104F) when I'm backing out the garage. Yesterday, it happened twice even when I'm going forward after a reset during back up. Seems thedisplay lost power and recovered quickly, the infiniti logo will reappear and everything goes to normal again. It happened regardless I'm using remote start or the regular push start.After the engin is warm, it will not happen again.
It's not happening every time, may be 2 to 5 times a week. Has this happened to anyone? Just concerned it may be an indication of something more serious going to happen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My problem was different in that there was a specific cause. I entered an address into the navi, it gave a warning that some roads were unmapped or something to that effect. Then it started the guidance. About every 60 seconds, it would do exactly what you describe. The dvd would stop playing in the back of the car, infiniti logo would appear, everything would reset, it'd get the warning again about unmapped roads and then 60 seconds later it would reset again. I had to cancel guidance and then it was fine. I just figured that the route had some how triggered some sort of rare bug.

·
Registered
146 Posts
FYI I had the exact same problem twice last week, you are definitely not alone. Have you had it checked out? I'm bringing my vehicle into the dealership tomorrow. Since I haven't been able to replicate the issue I doubt they would be able to tell me anything.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just found this Service Bulletin ITB12-054

http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/showthread.php/itb12-054-11684.html?t=11684

Description: 2010–2013 ALL INFINITI MODELS; NAVIGATION SOFTWARE UPDATE
One or more of the following is occurring on an Applied Vehicle:
Specific addresses cannot be entered.

System reboots when:
• On long trips with a destination set
• Within a few minutes of starting the vehicle
• A destination is set or during the process of setting
• The logo appears after the system shuts off
• Predictive lines are not present on M.
• System locks up with many functions operating at one time (USB, Bluetooth, MP3, vehicle in reverse/camera operating, etc.).
• POIs are missing because Application disc of new map update was not installed.
• Popping noise while entering the vehicle if the customer was on a Bluetooth Handsfree call that connected to the vehicle mid call.
• Incoming call cannot be heard or received when using iPhone 5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts