Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed the papers on my new JX yesterday and the sales guy told me that there's a hard drive called Music Box that will record my CDs. I was very excited about this feature and it was definitely part of the decision making process to purchase this car. But, researching it online now, I fear he may have made a mistake and confused this feature with a different Inifiniti vehicle. Does anyone know if the Music Box is available on the JX? I'm getting mine fully loaded with all available packages.

·
Registered
166 Posts
No.... it's not on the JX. That being said, the JX has the smoothest integration of an Ipod of any vehicle I have owned. I bought a used 32gb Ipod touch on Ebay for $100 and leave it plugged in all the time in the center console. In my opinion, much easier than a music box, as you don't need to manually load your music into the head unit.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Go back and demand that they give you a JX with Music Box. But please, please, please videotape the whole interaction.

The salesperson did not tell you the truth, as you obviously now know. Music box used to exist on other Infinitis, but has never been on the JX. It was also removed from the feature list of other vehicles as of mid-year 2012.

But seriously, go back and demand that the salesperson show you how to access the Music Box feature he so assuredly sold you on. Then make his manager buy you a thumb drive or something.

We need fewer dumb salespeople.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That stinks! My sales guy was busy, so he had a younger guy take us for a test drive. He was obviously mistaken. I've got a couple of iPod touches that never get used because we switched to iPhones. If I plug one of those in, will I be able to access and operate play functions for music and playlists via the JX touch screen? Or will I need to do that on the iPod itself? Also, will that interfere with my iPhone being connected via Bluetooth?
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
166 Posts
You will be floored at the integration of the ipod on the JX. IMHO, the music box is outdated and that's why its gone. Just plug your ipod into the usb port and leave it there. By hitting the disc-aux button on the radio head unit, it will bring up the ipod menu. You can access playlists, or sort by genre, artist, album song, etc all on the LCD screen. You never have to do anything on the ipod, its all in the head unit. You can even set songs to shuffle on a playlist, or set it to shuffle through every song on the ipod. The only time i pull my ipod out is to add music to it.

Infiniti blows Toyota/Lexus away in this matter. My wifes 2011 Sienna has a clunky interface for the ipod and there is a 4 second delay from selecting a song to it actually playing, its annoying.....

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I had the Juke Box on the 2010 Armada and liked it but was glad it wasn't on the JX. As jug dish stated, it is so much better. The MB was a bit clunky for today's technology. I think your salesman wasn't very familiar with the JX.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you have your music on your iphone you will be able to play it via bluetooth or through the USB port. Audio and phone bluetooth connections seem to be separate and do not interfere with each other.

The only problem with the bluetooth method is that you cannot select specific songs from the head unit but can at least advance to the next song in the phone via pushing the enter key on the left side of the steering wheel up if you don't like the song being played.

Hooking via the USB gives you all of the options of selecting by song, album, etc.

I went aroud in circles with the dealer after I found out Music Box was not on the vehicle but in fact listed in the owners manual, but in the end the iphone/ipod method is better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your helpful replies. Thanks to you, I'm over it :) I'll just use an extra ipod touch and keep it plugged into the USB. It sounds like a better option anyway. FWIW, the sales guy ultimately told me that the reason why they stopped putting the Music Box in their cars was because they found that people weren't using it. Leased cars were coming back with empty hard drives that hadn't been used. Not sure if that's just a "salesguy story" though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a jx last month here in dubai and found yesterday that there is a music box when I pressed the disc button twice.
The problem is I don't know how to use it. :( I can't find anything on the manual, maybe I missed it. Please help how to load music on it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
If it really has Music Box (I suppose this is possible), then if you put a CD in the player, it should give you the option to copy it to the Music Box. But I'm skeptical as to whether it's really there. Can you take a picture and post it?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I bought a jx last month here in dubai and found yesterday that there is a music box when I pressed the disc button twice.
The problem is I don't know how to use it. :( I can't find anything on the manual, maybe I missed it. Please help how to load music on it. Thanks.
I didn't think Nissan or Infiniti was still using the Music Box. If so you can download the manual for the Armada. I had a 2010 that had the device in it and the manual covered the operation. From what I recall like Sinecure mentioned, when you pop the CD in, there is a menu that shows a record button (red). Once selected, it copies quickly.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I need to push the disk button twice and try it out. Of course, I need to find a disk. I haven't used a single disk in the last 5 months, seems so "old-school".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts