Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone I just got my jx for about a week ago and found out that the vehicle doesn't have cargo carpet floor mat behind the third row. can someone check your vehicle to see if you have the carpet mat for the cargo behind the third row? I know there is a cargo protection package that you can add for about $230, but without the package you should still have just the carpet mat right? can someone confirm this thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
The cargo area mat is an accessory that you have to pay for! I have one and it uses velcro to attach to the existing carpet in the cargo area.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi everyone I just got my jx for about a week ago and found out that the vehicle doesn't have cargo carpet floor mat behind the third row. can someone check your vehicle to see if you have the carpet mat for the cargo behind the third row? I know there is a cargo protection package that you can add for about $230, but without the package you should still have just the carpet mat right? can someone confirm this thanks
Yes -- it can be separated from the cargo package -- the mat (which has a rubber backing) is 80 dollars retail price. Some folks don't seem to like it but I actually think it works well -- it provides the coverage I need and I like how it has the 50/50 split.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So wait. Without the cargo area mat, what is in the cargo area on the floor?
Just carpet. The cargo area mat is to protect the carpet! As newbote said, the mat has a rubber backing to not let spills through to the carpet below. It is also raised at the edges to contain spills.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok after talking to the dealership they willing to through in a cargo mat for free. this is funny I've never seen a car selling without a cargo mat. they have to order mine, I should get it within a next few days

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes -- it can be separated from the cargo package -- the mat (which has a rubber backing) is 80 dollars retail price. Some folks don't seem to like it but I actually think it works well -- it provides the coverage I need and I like how it has the 50/50 split.
I think that's the one they ordered it for me. does the mat cover the back of the third row seat when it fold down?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think that's the one they ordered it for me. does the mat cover the back of the third row seat when it fold down?

Yes - -it covers the back of the third row so it covers the entire area behind the 2nd row when the seats are down. By the way -- this is normally an option, its an option on the MDX as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does it fold conveniently like the mat in the MDX? My concern is what do you do with the mat if you frequent the third row? Does it store adequately in the area behind the third row? Any photos or insight would be appreciated...

·
Registered
30 Posts
It folds VERY conveniently. I'll take a pic if it'll help ya. Here's the thing...it's a pretty well-designed little deal. Like rockets said, it's velcroed to the floor behind the 3rd row, AND also to the backs of the 3rd row seats. It has what I would call hinge-like folds, so that it plays right along when a 3rd row seat(s) is folded up or down. Gotta admit, I like the fact that the rubber is on the back, so that it still looks classy on the top-side with its carpeting. It has cut-outs where the cargo tie-downs are located.

·
Registered
44 Posts
a lot of new carpet take the design to cup the are for storage a lot like the weather tech mats, which were very very sucuessfull, as it holds the salt and water and dont let everything spill onto you actualy carpet. which is a huge pain when cleaning as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
a lot of new carpet take the design to cup the are for storage a lot like the weather tech mats, which were very very sucuessfull, as it holds the salt and water and dont let everything spill onto you actualy carpet. which is a huge pain when cleaning as well.

Yesh they are some of the best mats they have come out but i love the new mat desgins as well!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah the mat can work with the third row seats up or down or split
Its $115 option in Canada but the dealer threw it in as part of the deal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts