Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, recently bought my JX and its time for its first interior cleaning. I plan on vacuuming the seats/carpet with a shop vac but I'm not sure what to do for the vinyl dash, leather parts, and maple trim. Anybody have some recs on cleaners/methods that work well for them. It looks so nice I don't want to use anything that might "tarnish" the finish or otherwise take away from the look. I've used armor-all for the dash in other cars but I'm not sure I like the shiny sheen that goes along with it. Any advice appreciated. BTW, whoever posted the guidance on the exterior care that was quite helpful so thanks!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Clean with mild soap and water...use some kind of sealant non-abrasive not too strong chemical type of products.

Hi Folks, recently bought my JX and its time for its first interior cleaning. I plan on vacuuming the seats/carpet with a shop vac but I'm not sure what to do for the vinyl dash, leather parts, and maple trim. Anybody have some recs on cleaners/methods that work well for them. It looks so nice I don't want to use anything that might "tarnish" the finish or otherwise take away from the look. I've used armor-all for the dash in other cars but I'm not sure I like the shiny sheen that goes along with it. Any advice appreciated. BTW, whoever posted the guidance on the exterior care that was quite helpful so thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
For the dash, if you use ArmorAll and don't like the shiny finish, there's an easy solution. After it dries a bit, just take a damp cloth and wipe it down. You'll get the UV protection of ArmorAll, but less gloss. There are other protectors that aren't as glossy as well.

For the wood, I'd just use a damp rag and wipe it down. For the leather, I'd use a leather cleaner.

FWIW, Infiniti uses UV blocking glass in their cars, so the UV protection of ArmorAll isn't really necessary.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
This is what I use.

To clean the dash and plastics I buy All Purpose Cleaner at the hardware store. The light kind, not the citrus degreaser or industrial degreaser. Dilute it 1:5 and spray onto a micfrofiber cloth to wipe the dash down. You really only want to do this if the dash is dirty.. Which rarely happens.

For dust I just wipe with a dry microfiber cloth.

Use 303 aerospace protectant for the dash. That stuff is legendary in the detailing world.

To clean the seats buy AutoGlym or Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner (or any leather cleaner you can find for auto)

To protect the seats I use Optimum Leather Protectant. You can also use 303 aerospace or another popular option is Lexol.

That is my 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts