Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our jx has 3k miles. Car recently began occasionally bucking or shaking at low speed ( 15-20mph) which stops after stepping on or off the gas. Seems like the transmission.?? Any similar experiences? Will be bringing back to dealer soon and will get back to the forum with any info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not turn related. Only have experienced it in straight line. Will be bringing back to dealer within week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been at dealership twice and not duplicated so they say nothing is wrong. My wife is gonna have a coniption bc it happens to her everyday in school zones. I really feel the cvt or torque converter is faulty as I have read similar complaints on other sites. They need to have it reproduced to follow their diagnostic flow chart per Nissan. Wife will be bringing it back to drive with service rep.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same problem here. Car shudders at low speeds with light throttle, as well as at low speeds when turning gently with light throttle. The JX35 / QX60 is turning out to be quite the Piece of Sh*t. Glad I leased it for 2 years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine is doing that, too, but it seems worse when the gas is low (like below 1/4 full). It seems to be worse when I'm coasting and then re-press the gas pedal than when starting from a stop.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same problem here except the shaking is most noticeable when accelerating from a stop. Much more noticeable using regular has instead of premium. Least noticeable on shell 91 even though it's really a CVT problem. Disappointed infiniti hasn't acknowledged this problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same problem here except the shaking is most noticeable when accelerating from a stop. Much more noticeable using regular has instead of premium. Least noticeable on shell 91 even though it's really a CVT problem. Disappointed infiniti hasn't acknowledged this problem.
I has been acknowledged.

There are 2 separate TSBs out for it. Assuming your build date is 03/13 or later, you have the transmission judder.

You can verify is your JX has the new tranny simply by looking under the drivers side front end. If the CVT under cover is black. YOu have the new CVT on the JX35. If so, you have have the judder.

Take it to the dealership and gave them perform itb13-20a. This tsb has also been revised since then. You do not need to replaicate it. They will drive the car for 30 mins with a computer hooked up that will tell them the cause. Thye will then make a detarmination ot reprgram the CVT, replace the torque converter, or replaced the transmission.

If you'd like to replicate it, you need to drive for 30-45 mins until the transmission is at full operating temprature, then it will do it between 18-35 mph while the tranny is under stress like going up hill. Or taking off from a full stop.

THIS APPLIES TO 2013 JX35 (L50)
APLLIED VIN: 5N1AL0M**DC 353940 <- check you last 6 digits. The number should be lower than this one.
BUILD DATE: 01/13, but the bulk of them were built between 03/13 -06/13. Check the sticker on your door jamb.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks yosM45 but I have the old CVT built on aug 2012. The shudder may not be as bad but there definitely a loss of power. Dealer said it's 'normal'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts