Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post pics of the "all season" floormats installed? I am thinking of either buying this or waiting for the "floor liners" from WeatherTech if they ever make them.

Can someone post pics of the 1st row, 2nd row and 3rd row floor mats?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have my 3rd row in, but I will not be installing the 1st and 2nd row until the snow flies here. As soon as I get them in, I will snap some photos, the 3rd row fits perfect!

Honestly, I wanted the Weathertech (I have had great luck with them in the past, and they have amazing coverage). The Infiniti mats are nice, and I like that they tend to hold more of the liquid in a manner that does not splash all over your pant legs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Automotive design Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Tints and shades Auto part Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Wheel

Here is a quick shot of my mats, ignore the dirt! They are great, really thick and heavy. I keep them in year round, they look good and provide very good protection for the carpet. Easy to clean, just take them out and wash them off. I would say go with these over the weather tech. I had weather tech before and they were great, these are just as good with one exception, they dont come up as high on the sides but they do have very deep groves for snowmelt or rain. Didnt take the 3rd row shot as the seats are folded and I have stuff in the back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can pick up the mats on eBay too rather than having to go in and get them from your local dealer. I got mine from some dealer in Canada.

·
Registered
149 Posts
does weathertech make mats yet for the JX? or even a universal one for the rear that comes close to the dimensions of our JX??

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was just about to say WeatherTech would be a bit better in terms of coverage. The weathertach mats usually come up higher along the sides so water or slush doesn't get on your carpet. Not sure if they have them out for the JX yet though.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I've been checking periodically with WeatherTech and they are going to have mats for the JX and Pathfinder, but they will not commit to a release date. We have the Infiniti JX all weather mats and they work well but as soon as WeatherTech releases them, we are buying a full set. We've put them in every car and they are worth it. When I worked for the fire department, we put them in all command and staff vehicles. They wrap up nice on the sides and don't slide around, especially under the gas pedal and brake pedal. We still have the WeatherTech rear mat for our Armada and I use it on occasion in the JX. It fits but is a bit big. It does the though when I need it. We had the Husky mats in our Xtera. They are good, but not the same level of quality as WT. Husky mats are available for the JX on EBay. Just search Infiniti JX Floor Mats and you'll find them.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I've always gotten WT mats before. But I must say that the Infiniti all weather mats for the JX are much nicer than the all weather mats Acura made for my MDX. The ones Bob talks about are probably a better investment in the long run, but the Infiniti ones are pretty nice as far as OEM ones go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed the Infiniti mats and I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much or just anal, probably both. The first row is fine. The second row by the middle hump does not fit flat. Maybe I was expecting too much, or need to give the mat more time to settle down to the contours. The 3rd row on the the driver's side, the edge stick up on to the wall. Seems like it's too long. Maybe I have to fiddle with it more and readjust a few more times.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just installed the Infiniti mats and I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much or just anal, probably both. The first row is fine. The second row by the middle hump does not fit flat. Maybe I was expecting too much, or need to give the mat more time to settle down to the contours. The 3rd row on the the driver's side, the edge stick up on to the wall. Seems like it's too long. Maybe I have to fiddle with it more and readjust a few more times.
Can you post pics please? Especially pics with the issue that you are having? I am on the verge of buying this, but won't if the fit sucks. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone....paaaalllleeeaassseee.... :) post LARGE pics (for our ailing eyes) of the front, middle and rear mats!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok fine. No one wants to post the pics in large format. I went out and bought them today anyway. They fit fine. The only thing that I don't like is the driver side where the area under the gas pedal isn't covered enough. Thus, if you had snow on the bottom of your shoe, it will melt onto the carpet that is not covered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We also went with the front, 2nd row, and 3rd row all-weather from Infiniti. I've had weathertech in other cars and these are easily comparable. I admit they don't come up high on the sides, but are deep enough. My son got sick in the car last weekend and the mats caught most of it...cleaned up just fine....yet another reason to be thankful this holiday season.

When we bought them, the dealer told me there was also a deep rubber mat for the back area (behind 3rd row when it's up). After ordering it twice, he found out that it does not exist. They kept sending the carpeted folding cargo mat. He said some people may flip the cargo mat over during the winter since it has a rubber bottom. Not sure i'll do that since it exposes velcro that could catch on stuff. I just have two cargo mats that i may swap out.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I think the folding mat for the cargo area is pretty waterproof. I haven't tested it yet, but with the rubber backing, it should keep water from soaking through. Except for the fact that it holds dog hair (bad for those with dogs), I like the carpeted feel to it. The velcro on the back keeps it in place nicely too. And the fact that it can stay in when you fold up the 3rd row makes it way better than the rubber weathertec one I had in the back of my MDX. If Weathertec comes out with a rubber one for the back of the JX that doesn't bend, I'd probably put in both the Infiniti one with the Weathertec on top. Then take out the weathertec one when I know I'll need the 3rd row.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts