Infiniti JX Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hi guys, looking at this filter as well. But I have a JX with everything, but can not see the Icon on the screen, I know I have the ion filter and plasmacluster, but can not see the icon on screen, anyone else have this ? I asked the dealer and they dont know why, they also say that it is in the car, but have no explanation to why it is not on screen ? Anyone have any ideas ?
Are you talking about ion magic that's supposed to clean the air? I typically see this after I enable auto-recirculation after pressing the Climate button. Then press Status button till you see the climate controls. Should show at the top center.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi yeller, sorry for late reply I was out of town.
yes this is the one, I can not see it on screen at all, I have asked the seller and the service dept, but they say it should be there (they don't know how to activate though to check), but don't know why the icon is not showing ? It is strange to me. When I push the button for the auto recirc, and check the climate button it shows me Ac and Dual, nothing else ? No icons anywhere, maybe there is something I'm missing, of a bad sensor that the icon does not come up ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Which filter is everyone using? There are two filters regular paper filter PN 272773JC1A and a High performance grape seed Filter PN 272773JC2A

Quick story. I was at the dealership for an oil change and ABS recall. They asked if I wanted to have my cabin air filter replaced too since I was at 15k, and that it would cost $140. I thought to myself 140 to replace a filter? and said no thank you. So while I was waiting at the dealership...I found this thread and went to the parts dept to buy the filter. I was charged $48. Okay well thats cheaper than 140 but still expensive for a filter. So I searched online and quickly found that the same filter is $8 online!! I also noticed that there was a second filter (the grape seed one)that was about $40-50 online. So i inquired about it at the parts counter, the guy there didn't know about it so i asked him to look up the part number. He came back and said yes there is also another one but that one is even more $60-70. When I mentioned the filter I just bought was $8 online he said that's impossible and that it has to be aftermarket. SO i returned the filter, ordered it online with local pickup at another Infiniti dealership.

I replaced the filter just now and noticed the original one is the more expensive grape seed filter. It has a special cloth like lining thats supposed to be significantly more efficient in filtering out allergens. Just out of curiosity I called the parts dept where I bought it from and he knew about it...he said when they do the filter service there at the dealership they just use the regular paper filter. Only time they use the other filter is if someone specifically asks for it.

So back to my original question.....which filter does everyone else use?

·
Registered
524 Posts
To be honest, I haven't replaced my filter yet, and I posed all the original pictures (and it's been 20k miles). When researching there weren't any aftermarket brands so your information is helpful.

What dealership is offering the $8 filter?

Like you referenced, I'm assuming the grape seed is HEPA rated and blocks more allergens. I would save the money since your entire car and clothes are exposed to allergens every time you open the door. Then again, if you live in a "dusty" area or drive on dirt roads you may want to reconsider.

·
Registered
37 Posts
http://parts.infinitiusa.com/nissanparts/index.cfm?action=replacement&siteid=15&groupid=E&sectionid=270&partcode=27164&jointVehid=17614

To be honest, I haven't replaced my filter yet, and I posed all the original pictures (and it's been 20k miles). When researching there weren't any aftermarket brands so your information is helpful.

What dealership is offering the $8 filter?

Like you referenced, I'm assuming the grape seed is HEPA rated and blocks more allergens. I would save the money since your entire car and clothes are exposed to allergens every time you open the door. Then again, if you live in a "dusty" area or drive on dirt roads you may want to reconsider.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anabolic Steroids UK - Legal Steroids UK - Buy Steroids UK Muscledevelop.uk

We now accept BitCoin at Muscle Develop !

Bitcoin 20% Discount

Use Discount Code: 2BTR4DX1SSYG

At MuscleDevelop.uk we are the biggest UK supplier of
Pharmacom Labs products!

Body Builder & Athlete support MuscleDevelop.uk

Shipping costs: UK: ?8.00 INTERNATIONAL (TRACKED): ?15.00 INTERNATIONAL (REGULAR AIRMAIL): ?8.00
Minimum order: THERE IS NO MINIMUM ORDER!
Estimated T/A: 1-12 days (depending on location).

http://MuscleDevelop.uk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Believe it or not they got great YouTube videos out there on how to actually do it on the 2013 JX35. You pop off the cover panel on the passenger side kick panel and there's a little rectangular plastic door. You pop that off of there grab your needle nose cuz you're going to need to pull the old one out. To put a new one in you have to kind of contort it and fold it like a fan and then pop it in there and it will expand going to put your black plastic cover back over the filter....pop on the kick panel cover.....

41 - 48 of 48 Posts