Infiniti JX Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I just asked one of our techs. He told me that for the JX, you do not need to remove the glove box. It is tucked up behind the center console, and is a tight fit, but you can get to it from the passenger side. You may need small hands.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just asked one of our techs. He told me that for the JX, you do not need to remove the glove box. It is tucked up behind the center console, and is a tight fit, but you can get to it from the passenger side. You may need small hands.
SUCCESS!!! Thank you Sinecure.

To access the cabin filter:
- Open the front passenger door
- While on the floor, pull the carpet panel away from the center console. Pull from the top, near the front and it will "pop" out. It's the panel with shag-carpet.
- While on your right shoulder, point a flashlight towards the front of the vehicle/console and you'll see a 5 inch tall, 1 inch wide plastic piece with a clip at the bottom. This is the door to the filter. Lift the clip and pull away
- Use pliers to pull the filter out. I tried using my fingers but can't get a grip. I'm sure there is a better way to grab the filter.

·
Registered
524 Posts
that whole post was very helpful. thank you ...my son works for acura/infiniti in Reno..i think I will make him do it,, went to NAPA and got oil filters, they don't evan list a cabin air filter ??
I doubt you'll be able to find an off-brand cabin filter at your local NAPA. I still can't find generic cabin filters for my 7 yr old "M". After finding the part number, you can typically buy Nissan-branded filters online for about 1/2 the price of the parts department at your local Infiniti dealership. I bet the Nissan dealer parts dept may offer a decent deal as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you for this posting! The hardest part is pulling the filter out and putting the new on in. I had to try and scrunch up the filter to pull it out. After doing this once, I think it'll be much easier the next time.

The side panel comes off easily. This is the panel with the carpeting along where the passenger would rest their left leg. Once that is off, the filter will be sitting vertically closer toward the front of the car and you will see the cover. Cover comes off easily. I was able to remove old filter and replace with new without unscrewing anything. It took a while to get the right angle and positioning but I think I can do it faster next time since I know how to do it now. I bet the dealerships take some screws off because it's a pain to remove and replace the filter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
SUCCESS!!! Thank you Sinecure.

To access the cabin filter:
- Open the front passenger door
- While on the floor, pull the carpet panel away from the center console. Pull from the top, near the front and it will "pop" out. It's the panel with shag-carpet.
- While on your right shoulder, point a flashlight towards the front of the vehicle/console and you'll see a 5 inch tall, 1 inch wide plastic piece with a clip at the bottom. This is the door to the filter. Lift the clip and pull away
- Use pliers to pull the filter out. I tried using my fingers but can't get a grip. I'm sure there is a better way to grab the filter.
Pics please? :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good god people..... lord knows i have contributed plenty of diy pics on this forum Someone take three minutes out of your day and post pictures of the cabin filter area. Three pages of this discussion and no pics.......pitiful
Airlaird

·
Registered
524 Posts
These are iphone pics taken in the dark, so please be kind with respects to the quality of my artful ability to hold the camera.

1. Approach passenger side of car
2. Open door and move in front of seat
3. Position yourself towards the left molding, under the glove box, in front of the seat, on the left side of foot well
4. Insert hand above molding (left side of foot well, at top). Empty space above will let you get hold of the molding
5. Pull the molding back

Land vehicle Car Tire Wheel Vehicle
Automotive design Car Grey Automotive exterior Vehicle
Automotive design Car Fixture Automotive exterior Personal luxury car
Gesture Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive exterior Tints and shades
Gesture Automotive design Vehicle door Finger Automotive exterior

·
Registered
524 Posts
6. Molding sitting next to exposed left foot well
7. This is the hardest part, lay on the floor and push yourself to the firewall (front of vehicle). Look upwards in the exposed space and you'll see a vertical door (1 inch wide, 5 inches high) with a latch at the bottom
8. Lift the latch from the bottom and it will pop out
9. Latch partway opened
10. White filter. Use pliers or something else to grab. The filter sits too far in the housing to grab with fingers.

Trunk Automotive tire Bumper Personal luxury car Vehicle door
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Fixture Motor vehicle
Bumper Finger Automotive exterior Gadget Auto part
Gesture Bumper Finger Thumb Camouflage
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Gesture Bumper

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thankyou for posting pics... I just now checked my filter and what an absolute pain in the butt to get to it.... Actually cut my wrist in something up in there. Good to know this is not under the console. After 8500 miles mine is still clean
Airlaird

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wondering where you all picked up your filter and about how much it cost? The deal quoted me 97.45 to replace this filter, but a quick google is turning up filters for ~$24?? We've had our JX for 13 months and its right about 15k miles so I think it probably does make sense to replace it now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, looking at this filter as well. But I have a JX with everything, but can not see the Icon on the screen, I know I have the ion filter and plasmacluster, but can not see the icon on screen, anyone else have this ? I asked the dealer and they dont know why, they also say that it is in the car, but have no explanation to why it is not on screen ? Anyone have any ideas ?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts