Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where the cabin air filter is located and how to access it? Would like to see how dirty it is and clean it out....

·
Registered
157 Posts
For the previous models of Infiniti, the last generations at least. All the cabin air filters are located behind the glove box assembly. Its just a couple of screws and take out the glove box and voila! Just slides right out. Under normal circumstances the filter should be replaced every 12 months to 15,000miles. But if you live in a dusty area or where there is alot construction you should replace it sooner.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here you go jugdish,

1. Open the glove box.
2. Pull up glove box assembly (1)

3. Remove damper pin (2) of left side

4. Remove instrument lower assist panel.

a. Remove instrument lower assist panel mounting screws (A) with power tool or screw driver.
b. Pull back instrument lower assist panel (1).
c. Disconnect harness connector.

5. Remove the filter cover, then remove the in-cabin microfilter.

·
Registered
157 Posts
6. Take out the in-cabin microfilter from blower unit.

7. Replace with new one and reinstall on blower unit.

8. Reinstall the instrument lower passenger panel.
When installing a new microfilter make sure of the following:

a. The filter is installed so that the arrow, on the end of the filter, is facing the rear of the vehicle and is pointed upward.

b. The microfilter sits on top of the two black plastic tabs, not behind them.

c. The ledge on the back side of the microfilter cover panel slides below the microfilter.
NOTE: If the microfilter is improperly installed, the ledge on the back side of the microfilter cover panel pushes directly into the microfilter, causing distortion. A distorted microfilter may interfere with the recirculation door.

Should be similar to this...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
holy shit, thats alot of work! In my past lexus and my toyota you just remove the glove box drawer and it sits behind it without have 10 screws to remove. I'll dig in tomorrow and report back...

·
Registered
524 Posts
holy shit, thats alot of work! In my past lexus and my toyota you just remove the glove box drawer and it sits behind it without have 10 screws to remove. I'll dig in tomorrow and report back...
Agree, pain in the ass with my M. It takes about 10 minutes total, but can save you $60-$80.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sticky...really ya'lls...this is cake on any Infiniti/Lexus (15 minutes tops)...and saves bundles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What idiot engineered that??? What a pain in the A$$. Couldn't someone think to just have a way to pop the filter underneath the passenger footwell and be done with it? No screws, no sets of panels to replace (except maybe the cover on the filter box).

Thanks for posting the instructions though, will come handy in about a year.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry gang, no dice..... Here is a pic of whats behind the glove box: nothing.

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

Any other ideas? The fan is the black box on the top but I searched far and wide inside this area and there is no filter....

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
According to the Owner's Manual, the filter is located behind the glove box. It doesn't say anything about "if so equipped". Is it possible the autoworkers missed installing the filter on your vehicle? Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
According to the Owner's Manual, the filter is located behind the glove box. It doesn't say anything about "if so equipped".
Isn't that part of the "Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with auto recirculation, Plasmacluster® air purifier and Grape Polyphenol Filter" only in the Deluxe Touring Package?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So.... Took it to Infiniti and they found a dried leaf in the squirrel cage fan. Unfortunately it's not considered warranty so it cost me $50. My issue with this is that there is no filter that prevents this from happening, according to the tech, the filter is further down the line. What idiot designed an HVAC system that doesn't filter the incoming air?

Also, the filter is located behind the center console and, according to the tech, is a pain to access. Additionally, if you break anything while trying to access it to replace the filter yourself, you are responsible for covering the cost of repair. Awesome....... Thanks Infiniti!

·
Registered
524 Posts
So.... Took it to Infiniti and they found a dried leaf in the squirrel cage fan. Unfortunately it's not considered warranty so it cost me $50. My issue with this is that there is no filter that prevents this from happening, according to the tech, the filter is further down the line. What idiot designed an HVAC system that doesn't filter the incoming air?

Also, the filter is located behind the center console and, according to the tech, is a pain to access. Additionally, if you break anything while trying to access it to replace the filter yourself, you are responsible for covering the cost of repair. Awesome....... Thanks Infiniti!
What the h...... The original posts were for earlier Infinities (aka, my 06 M35) and I thought it was ridiculous. Now you're saying Infiniti put a commonly replaced filter behind the center console? Reminds me of old-school GM designs that made you drop the engine to access the oil filter cause it saved 30 seconds during the assembly.

Since we're on the filter subject, anyone know if the seat filter is still located underneath the back-middle side of the seat?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Well of course if you break the dash removing it - it's not covered under warranty.

I hate these new cars that put the cabin filter so deep inside the dash. Why can't it be under the dash or behind the glove box?!

·
Registered
31 Posts
If someone comes up with detailed how-to, please post it here. I also find it idiotic that the filter is positioned behind the glove box in cars like G, M, FX. It is not too bad to replace it on a G, but with my old FX I just gave up and ended up not changing the filter. At some point I will need to change the filter on our JX though....

·
Registered
2 Posts
That was helpfull, I need to know about aiming the JX35 headligths because mine are pointing to front car rear view mirrors and to the right. The infiniti shop said that is fixed but i have been there 2 times and is the same. How can I set the headlights.

·
Registered
524 Posts
That was helpfull, I need to know about aiming the JX35 headligths because mine are pointing to front car rear view mirrors and to the right. The infiniti shop said that is fixed but i have been there 2 times and is the same. How can I set the headlights.
You should post this question as a new thread, however the quick answer is the little dial to the left of the steering wheel (in the button panel). Rotate it and the headlights will slant downwards. I think it's intended for heavy loads.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Someone please post a How To on replacing the filter behind the center console. It would be very much appreciated! I can't see having to get it serviced just to change the cabin filter every year.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts