Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I've used the search function and have not found much on a comparison or even a review on the 15 speaker upgrade of the sound system. Any thoughts on this? I cannot find one on a dealer lot to listen too and was hoping someone on the forum could help.

Thank you in advance! I'm really enjoying all the great info you all have shared on this forum.

·
Registered
166 Posts
To my knowledge, the 5.1 system adds tweeters to the rear doors and decodes 5.1 for movies. I started a thread here about speaker upgrades I did to the 13 speakers system and it now sounds amazing (replaced tweeters and mids in dash and rear door speakers and added an aftermarket sub)

·
Registered
196 Posts
When I was shopping the vehicle a few months ago, I did listen to the 13 speaker system in the premium vs the 15 speaker Cabin Surround system in the deluxe touring with the same songs on my iphone. There was a noticeable difference with clearer highs and a cleaner but fuller bass in the 15 speaker system. That being said, I think most folks that are not audiophiles will find the 13 speaker system to be fine. Personally, there were a number of other things I wanted in the deluxe touring such as the cooled seats and the 20 inch wheels, so it was worth it for me to get that package and the upgraded 15 speaker system.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Guys...thanks a ton for the feedback. Great info. Love the upgrades to your speakers jugdish! Thank you for the review JX35MD. You are the first person that I've 'met' who has listened to both systems.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
When I was shopping the vehicle a few months ago, I did listen to the 13 speaker system in the premium vs the 15 speaker Cabin Surround system in the deluxe touring with the same songs on my iphone. There was a noticeable difference with clearer highs and a cleaner but fuller bass in the 15 speaker system. That being said, I think most folks that are not audiophiles will find the 13 speaker system to be fine. Personally, there were a number of other things I wanted in the deluxe touring such as the cooled seats and the 20 inch wheels, so it was worth it for me to get that package and the upgraded 15 speaker system.
Good advice. The stock system is pretty good when I tried it. I would imagine the 15 speaker system is better but I wouldn't get the deluxe touring package JUST for the speakers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with the other folks above, but I'll add this: Where listening to music is concerned, the key difference (aside from the extra tweeters, and what I think is a different subwoofer in the cargo area) is the ability to turn on the dynamic surround. It takes a 2.0 source and makes it come alive, in a way that - for me - was not at all subtle. I'm not an audiophile, but I pay attention...I think the difference is amazing! Would've been nice to get the 15-speaker package without the rest of the theater package, but now that I have it, I wouldn't want to NOT have it. :) YMMV.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yea the other things on the theater package as cool as well.

The 2.0 source to surround is the built in sound card. It takes the source and turns it into a surround sound source. Doesn't work perfectly everytime but for most music it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. This is great feedback. I thought the Bose 13 speaker system was pretty good...but not great. My #1 reason for me getting this vehicle was not about the sound system...I'm not looking for an incredible theater experience so I would have been happy with that system. But since I wanted the other features and the 15 speaker system was included it sounds like I'm going to be pretty happy with the sound. Even though this will be a 3-ish year lease for me...If I was going to do any mods to this car I was seriously considering the speaker upgrades jugdish performed. They sound amazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts