Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good Gosh people...eleven views and noone can respond yes or no??
Man...
ATC, I have seen these at the dealership....I thought they looked great on the white JX on the floor... But, it seemed like a little too much chrome...since we have the chrome strip below the doors....it seems a bit redundant. The dealership wanted $700.00 and EBAY has the exact same thing for much less. But, I think it wasn't a bad look at all..
airlaird

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
airlaird, the ones on ebay are painted to match the color of the car. I think that would look MUCH better! Yeah, the chrome would be too much!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ahhhh.... Your right! My bad... The ones i saw at the dealership had a skinny chrome strip all the way through the painted body molding
Airlaird

·
Registered
248 Posts
Are they JX specific, or just a standard product made in various sizes, listed on eBay as "for JX"? I guess if they color match, they are, huh? Even painted to match, they won't match. Paint just doesn't take the same on plastic as metal. Look at the interfaces between the fenders and bumper skins. But with moldings reflecting off of many facets, maybe you would never notice.

I've looked at my (Pathfinder) door skins, and thought that's a gigantic target for door dings since there's nothing from those low chrome moldings clear up to the window gasket. We park extra careful, but some people enjoy giving a nicer car next to them a good jealous door ding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please don't get me started on door dings! My wifes JX has 1500mi on it a already a nice quarter size ding in the drivers door from the parking lot. Im curious about these moldings myself. Unfortunately the picture and description on Ebay doesn't explain much.

I wish I could just armor up this JX like my jeep JK and just not worry anymore about others carelessness. Its great to know that if anyone slams a door open on my JK they will be met with metal all around the jeep and ding their own stuff!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Mouldings help with door dings but they aren't 100%

I would still be careful with how I park. Depending on the height of the other car you could still get a door ding.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would still be careful with how I park. Depending on the height of the other car you could still get a door ding.
It's sad to say but there are too many people who simply don't care. They swing their door open as far as possible, hold the door against your car, and lift themselves out, scratching/dinging your paint. It's an incredible lack of respect for personal property, and seems be worse or more targeted if you drive a "luxury" vehicle.

I always park past the last car in the parking lot by a few spots to help avoid this. The people referenced earlier typically for the closest space to the store so you lessen your chance of incident.

I'm curious to see the results from the ebay side molding (please post pictures). I want to keep a clean look and avoid the crazies.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
doesn't look too bad thanks to the chrome door handles. Still wonder if it might look better color matched..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cfrp, the chrome molding at the bottom is factory on all JX's. The molding on the middle is the add on pieces.

·
Registered
14 Posts
DueceSpd, thanks for posting the pics, looks really nice.

Is it easy to install? How does it attach to the car, 3M tape? My concern is that, if somehow I need to remove the molding later, it might peel off the paint?

·
Registered
81 Posts
DueceSpd, thanks for posting the pics, looks really nice.

Is it easy to install? How does it attach to the car, 3M tape? My concern is that, if somehow I need to remove the molding later, it might peel off the paint?
took about 30minutes to measure and install. yes 3m. heat gun and peel, shouldnt peel the paint.

·
Registered
524 Posts
WOW, I love the look. Can you please tell me who you bought them from?

I see you also have door edge guards. Did you get them at the same place?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Bought paint matched side molding from Sportwing.com ($117 with %5 off coupon) and just finished installing. After watching a youtube video, and about 30 minutes (went slow with the tape/measurements), it looks Fantastic! I don't understand why Infiniti doesn't install these like they do with other vehicles. My 06 M has them, maybe cost controls?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm not sure which kind Deuce bought (wasn't able to find out), so I bought from SportWing. Seemed like a good company with decent return policy, free shipping, etc... I'll take some pictures and post, but my JX is the same color as Deuce so it'll look similar.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts