Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently switched from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S4, I've noticed a HUGE difference in bluetooth functionality. I was assuming the S4 would have been faster given it's 3 years newer, but no. Looks like Infiniti tuned the JX for the iphone or doesn't know how to handle Bluetooth 4.

- Iphone connects to the JX via bluetooth in less than 30 seconds while the S4 takes 3 to 4 minutes
- Pause/Play buttons on center touch screen always controlled the iPhone, and sometimes controls the S4
- Song title always displayed on the center screen while it sometimes displays the S4 details
- Song counter always worked with the iPhone while it never works with the S4
- Skip forward/back knob on the steering wheel always worked with the iPhone, sometimes works with the S4
- Starting the car always started the iPhone bluetooth streaming, sometimes does/doesn't with the S4

The iphone has bluetooth version 2.1 while the S4 has bluetooth version 4.0.

What is wrong with the S4?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
While researching this issue I ran across that site and plugged in iPhone 4 AND S4. The iPhone 4 had even less support. Something is jacked up with that page.

Iphone 4 says NA for "Wireless Audio Streaming"
S4 Says N for "Wireless Audio Streaming"

They both provide wireless audio streaming, thus my "jacked" comment.

BTW, the S4 is listed on the second page of Samsung phones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had read the NA and assumed streaming didn't work with my iPhone. How do you get this function to work? I have only plugged in my iPhone to get music to play from it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts