Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our salesperson paired my wifes phone to the new JX and it immediately uploaded her full contact list to the harddrive.

Now I'm fearful of pairing my phone as I have loads of contacts between my work MS Exchange/pc/Iphone contact lists, and it will probably interject them into my wifes list in the car rather than have discreet directories.

This will require some research. Perhaps it will only take the "on my iphone" set of contacts but I do not want that to happen either.

If anyone can advise the work around it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the problem...I don't want my contacts added to the vehicle. I only want to be able to use the calling feature hands free if needed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I paired my phone and my wife's phone I did not "Transfer" the contacts. The JX will allow you to view interact with your contacts on your handset to make calls therefore I just copied the most used ones selectively to the JXs hard drive.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It would be a cool feature if we could customize the phone directory with the other memory options for seat, climate, audio, etc using the intelligent key.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It would be a cool feature if we could customize the phone directory with the other memory options for seat, climate, audio, etc using the intelligent key.
Make a suggestion to Infiniti. That would be a very cool feature for JX owners with more then one user.

Hop into the car and it moves to all the settings you want :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Our salesperson paired my wifes phone to the new JX and it immediately uploaded her full contact list to the harddrive.

Now I'm fearful of pairing my phone as I have loads of contacts between my work MS Exchange/pc/Iphone contact lists, and it will probably interject them into my wifes list in the car rather than have discreet directories.

This will require some research. Perhaps it will only take the "on my iphone" set of contacts but I do not want that to happen either.

If anyone can advise the work around it would be appreciated.
In my case the contacts were separate. I also recall it prompting the "download phonebook", but you can turn off automatic phonebook download in settings/phone.

It is nice having the phonebook in the vehicle. You just have to get used to saying last name first, first name last. Also, if you have titles in your contacts (Mr. Mrs. Dr.) you have to say title, last name, first name (Dr. Smith, Bob).

If anyone can advise the work around it would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can! The individual fobs keep separate phone book settings depending on driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts