Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's Iphone5 is usually connected to the JX. I wanted to play a song from my Iphone5 so I disconnected her from the phone menu via navi. and chose my registered phone. Played my song but it did not work. Seems like her phone was still connected to the bluetooth audio side (she was able to play a song from her phone) while mine maybe just connected to the bluetooth phone part? Not sure. Might sound confunsing and I apologize. Btw, access for the phone/bluetooth on the navi menu is disabled while the car is in motion, did not know that, had to fiddle with it while parked. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Someone else chime in if I am wrong but I believe when you choose your phone from the registered phone menu to connect you are only connecting the phone (talk) portion. You have to also pair in a separate menu the bluetooth portion for audio.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My wife's Iphone5 is usually connected to the JX. I wanted to play a song from my Iphone5 so I disconnected her from the phone menu via navi. and chose my registered phone. Played my song but it did not work. Seems like her phone was still connected to the bluetooth audio side (she was able to play a song from her phone) while mine maybe just connected to the bluetooth phone part? Not sure. Might sound confunsing and I apologize. Btw, access for the phone/bluetooth on the navi menu is disabled while the car is in motion, did not know that, had to fiddle with it while parked. Any thoughts?
Actually, not confusing at all... To ensure your phone is connected to the bluetooth audio, you can choose it under Settings -> Bluetooth -> Connected Devices -> Audio Player. Make sure your phone is the active one and it should work!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JXtasy, I will check that out when I get out of work. Did not know it could be "audio" can be selected separately from the "phone" function.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Thanks JXtasy, I will check that out when I get out of work. Did not know it could be "audio" can be selected separately from the "phone" function.
I have an Android phone and have done the Bluetooth Audio set up and it works great. You'd think once the phone is set up that the audio would also work with IHeart radio, your music, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do I need to disconnect my phone from 'bluetooth talk' and then pair it with 'Buletooth Audio'?
Cause I was not able to pair with 'bluetooth audio' when my phone was already paired with 'bluetooth talk'.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do I need to disconnect my phone from 'bluetooth talk' and then pair it with 'Buletooth Audio'?
Cause I was not able to pair with 'bluetooth audio' when my phone was already paired with 'bluetooth talk'.
There is no need to do an additional pairing. Not all phones support Bluetooth streaming -- do you know if yours does?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
After doing pairing for talking, you need to go back into Settings->Bluetooth->Connected Devices->Audio Player and choose your device. If the car has just started up, or you just connected the device, you may not be able to get there for a few moments until it finishes auto syncing your contacts. Just give it a minute or two and come back in and you'll be able to get there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an Android phone and have done the Bluetooth Audio set up and it works great. You'd think once the phone is set up that the audio would also work with IHeart radio, your music, etc.
It does work (at least my Sprint Galaxy S3) with IHeart Radio and Pandora and other Android Radio Apps. The strange thing is that the display on the car's screen shows the last song played with Google Play even though it is playing a different App. I have not tried this with an IOS device. Has anybody else? I am hoping that Google Play will start to offer a steaming service similar to these other apps later this year that will allow the song and artist playing to be displayed on the screen like it does with my music library that I have stored on the device when I am using Google Play via Bluetooth Audio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts