Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our bird's eye view is cool fun, and helpful. My wife loves it and I hope it will help prevent some curbings. BUT, something bugs me about it. It stitches the image together but the images don't perfectly align on the front left corner. So if I drive over a line at an angle, there is a jog in the line between the two adjacent images. Trivial, I know, but I like stuff perfect.

If I open a door, the image on the screen swings too. So there isn't that much image processing going on. Heck, it seems like mechanically moving the camera is all that would be required, not some fancy diagnostic hookup to manipulate pixels.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ha! :)

The jog in image is minor, like a parking lot paint line may jog the width of itself (a few inches). I would like to try another car, JX or PF (since they use the same system), and see if it's just mine, or if it's within tolerance. But I won't joy ride in dealers' cars. I'm guessing that others may have it and didn't even notice. Like it seems like not many knew how many RPM their motors were at 60mph. Details, details...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I believe the forward cameras have a corrected image for skew. Even if you line up one point on the side camera there will be another point which will not be.
The only way they could make it match is by having a non rectangle stitch.
The forward camera has fish eye lens.
This is all conjecture. I saw the same problem and decided that Infiniti has the best design of all.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am glad there are people smarter than me to answer my questions. Thanks, quickswoosh, that makes perfect sense and I will take it off my fret list.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the manual its says they are blind spots in all the corners that do not show up on the camaeras. I guess thats what the forward and rear corner parking radar sensors are for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts