Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my JX to a dealer for the 15k maintainence. A week later I've had to jump start the car twice.

What are the possible scenarios where the mechanic could have screwed up something? I just want to check them myself before taking it back.

Is there a grounding for the alternator on the JX? Any diagrams /pictures that anyone has would be helpful.

What else could I check?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out there is a problem with the ECM and it has affected a few people. Infiniti seems to be aware of it. It is still at the dealer's.
NICO forum has the complete service manual for the JX incase anyone needed them. I was able to find out the flow chart for charging system diagnostics.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the dealer did some software updates apparently and the charging system should be working fine.
Should I try and get a new battery since this was an Infiniti problem? The battery had completely discharged twice.
I don't want to be too unreasonable.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A week later. The car won't start again.
This is annoying. The dealer guys act as if they don't know what's going on.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I had a fully loaded Ford Windstar with all kinds of electronic bells and whistles and constantly had problems with the battery draining. We could never find what was causing the problem but suspected it was a rear contact which tied to the alarm system. On our full size GMC van, same issue, but found the problem. There was a glove compartment light switch that apparently went bad and when I took care of the problem, I haven't had another issue. My bet is that you have some electronic component that is staying on all the time, draining your battery. Please let us know what your dealership finds on your car.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They said they reflashed the firmware. They think the system kept something running after the car was switched off. One week now and no problems :) I did do a remote start the last two times it happened. I wonder if that was the culprit. I thought I'd wait for a few weeks before I try a remote start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts