Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Just wondering if any of you guys have had any issues with the battery. I was having dinner inside and came out with the family finding the car not starting at all. Before we went inside the restaurant for dinner I turned everything off. there is absolutely no way I had anything to do with this. Had to call tow truck for a boost. Now I'm skeptical about leaving my car park for long. any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
We've had this happen with cars we've left at our storage lot for a few weeks, but not one that gets started regularly. I'd get it checked out, especially if it happens again.

Oh, the one other time I've heard of customers having this problem was a user error issue. Guy was so used to double clicking a mouse that he always double clicked the start/stop button when he turned the car off (this was on a QX, but they work the same way). If you double click the start/stop button when you turn off the car, it will turn all the electronics back on. I doubt you're doing this, but it's something to be conscious of.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sinecure, doesn't the car turn itself off after a few minutes on ACC? I thought I read someone complaining about the auto shut off when listening to radio.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes, the JX ahs the battery saver feature and will turn it self off after some time. So the OP may indeed had a bad battery.

·
Registered
149 Posts
a quick way to know if it's your battery is stopping by the local auto parts store/service center (which ever is closer) and ask them to perform a battery load test for you, a print out will be supplied with this which will tell you how good/bad the battery is.

to my guess, your battery is done it's days.....it happens, just not that often with new cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts