Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer does not have a base model in stock but obviously can locate one for me. I'm concerned about the drivers seat being different. The premium package states it includes a 2-way power lumbar support. There is no mention of any lumbar support, manual or otherwise in the base JX and my dealer has not had a base yet to compare. Is there anyone who can confirm the difference in the seats for me? I tend to use a lot of lumbar support pressure and I'm concerned about buying one with testing the seat first. A manual support would be fine with me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would hate to say it but im pretty sure the base doesnt have the extra support though you may be able to add that as an option on the car.

but if the seat is whats stopping you from buying the car why dont you just add the premium package?

·
Registered
199 Posts
The base model JX comes with manual lumbar support and the premium package will upgrade you to power lumbar support

on Infiniti's website they list the base model lumbar support as.....

8-way power driver's seat with adjustable lumbar support​
I guess saying manual makes it sound cheap lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
At least it still has it. My car currently has manual. Not that bad really.
Very true, some cars you either have it or don't. If the JX didn't have it at all on the base model it would be a huge disappointment and look bad on Infiniti cause at this stage in the luxury automobile segment things like that should come standard, thankfully they are.

·
Registered
196 Posts
At least it still has it. My car currently has manual. Not that bad really.
Manual lumbar support should feel the same as power once it's set. It should be a round turn knob on the side of the seat. No one ever changes lumbar support much anyway, unless you have different drivers that that want vastly different settings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help. I have no problem with a manual lumbar support. As long as their is one. I need it for my back but $4000 for the premium is out of my price range. I will definitely consider the base now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My base model in Canada has manual lumbar support on driver side its control by a bar on the right side of the seat
Otherwise i think the seat is same as the one with preimum package
I saved $5000 not to get the premium package too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts