Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was talking to a close friend who just picked up his JX. He mentioned that when he purchased the JX he thought the backup intervention would stop the car if he was about to hit something. He tried to backup into a spot and not touch the brakes to test it out and he said the car slightly applied brakes at around 6 feet from the wall and after that it let off the brakes and he kept going back and he hit the wall. He tried this with his friend. He told his friend to jump behind the car as he was reversing. The JX slowed the car down a bit and then let off the brake. His friend jumped out of the way.

How exactly does the system work?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
See the little "MOD" icon on the screen? That stands for moving object detection. Moving being the operative word. Your friend is an idiot.

I've done this demo a dozen times. Walk behind a JX that's backing up, and most of the time it will stop. Most of the time. Once I'm out of the way, it keeps going.

I'm still chuckling that your friend backed his brand new car straight into a wall.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe it applies the brakes and then expects THE DRIVER to continue to apply brakes. (think I read this somewhere). I still haven't tried it out, either on purpose or b/c I was accidentally going to back into something.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It should automatically do a slow full stop if the moving object continues to be in the range of the sensors. If the moving object gets out of range of the sensors (meaning no longer obstructing), then the brakes are no longer applied.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts