Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly question but do I need to disable the rear back-up sensor if I'm using a bike rack in the trailer hitch?

·
Registered
196 Posts
When you put the car in reverse, it will start beeping. You can touch the icon on the touchscreen to disable the alarm. I had to do it every time the car was put in reverse. Does anyone know is there is a way to adjust the settings so it is off until I unmount the bike rack and readjust the settings?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think you have to find the plug for the backup sensor. I know on some Nissans its behind the glove box. Not sure about the JX. It's a hassle though.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Here's how to accomplish what you're trying:

1) Turn on the camera either by pressing CAMERA button, or putting in reverse.
2) With the camera on, press the SETTING button and then choose "Setting" from the onscreen menu
3) Scroll down to Sonar, or just below, Towing Mode. Best would be to turn on Towing Mode - although the alternative is to turn Sonar off altogether (this will turn off front sonar too - towing mode is just rear sonar).

I'm not certain, but I think the JX will stay in Towing Mode until you turn it off, but it may cycle back on next time you start the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts