Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our second row seat is not "automatically" folding as it did before -- this was a major selling point to access the third row. The pneumatic lift does not lift the seat in the typical "clamshell" way -- anyone else had this problem? I noticed the same thing in a loaner JX I had during my last service.

The seat will lift up manually if I lift from the front of the seat, but using the lever on the side of the seat back does not engage the seat to lift and slide. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Take it to the dealer. Maybe the little hydraulic lifter tube thingy is not working properly. It should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought a JX and the 60 portion of the rear seat is doing the same thing. Very frustrating here as well since that was a major selling point for me as well. I guess I'll plan to call the dealer...

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
treala05, go see the salesperson who sold you the car. Show them the problem. If they can't figure it out, see service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here. The seatback just folds down. I brought it to the dealer and was told it was a cable that was broken. 3 days later I just got a phone call saying that the entire seat bottom needs to be replaced and it will take at least a week to get the part from California.

I am fast becoming discouraged with the quality of this vehicle. It is our first Nissan/Infiniti and likely our last. Way too many things are not functioning as advertised or just breaking. My wife drives a lot of highway miles, so it already has 52,000 miles and I am afraid of what else might go bad once the warranty is over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts