Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my JX goes over bumps, I hear a rattle sound coming from the driver side b-pillar area. It looks like its coming from inside the headliner. Anyone experience something like this? If so, was there a fix?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
When my JX goes over bumps, I hear a rattle sound coming from the driver side b-pillar area. It looks like its coming from inside the headliner. Anyone experience something like this? If so, was there a fix?
I had this problem when I first took ownership. The dealership sent their technician on a road trip with me, hear the noise and was able to isolate the problem.mhe replaced a broken retainer trip and added additional insulation. It took an hour and has solved the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this problem when I first took ownership. The dealership sent their technician on a road trip with me, hear the noise and was able to isolate the problem.mhe replaced a broken retainer trip and added additional insulation. It took an hour and has solved the problem.
Took my car to the dealer and they performed the same procedure. Issue resolved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually the rattle came back. The rattle originates inside the headliner near the grab handle on the driver's side of the second row. When I push on the headliner the noise goes away. One other thing that frustrates me is that the noise comes and goes. Does anyone know how to access this area without bringing down the entire headliner? If I can do it myself, that would be great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts