Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've had my JX about almost 2 weeks. I have filled once (91 octane) and have about 500 miles on the odometer. I am avg 17.8-18.2 mpg with my driving. Mainly 30 miles a day highway. Is anybody else seeing significantly lower estimated mpg than sticker? I was expecting near 24 mpg. Is this because the car is still being broken in?

·
Registered
53 Posts
It may get better our 1st 500 miles were the worst got 19.8 mpg something. Next 500 got almost 22mpg (had a lot of highway miles there). Most recent 500 miles 21.4mpg.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TonyPSU,

Are you using ECO mode? I noticed that after using eco for all driving, city/highway mpg is 18.7 right now. Hoping to see it continue to increase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have only 300mi on the car. My daily commute is 5mi (one way) with a lot of stop and go and I am getting 15mpg. It is quite sad.
But my commute is the main culprit. My previous car (2004 CRV) was getting ~17-18mpg for that same commute.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have averaged 19 mpg in city stop and go traffic, using 93 gas. I'm really pleased. It is the same as the Murano, yet a lot heavier.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wow...not consistent. I guess it comes down to how you drive, iron foot or not/stop & go or highway/etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've also noticed the low mpg in the beginning also so switched to eco mode. It's around 2500 miles now and getting 23 mpg. Not sure if it's the mode or just needed to be broken in. I'll have to try switching it back to normal and see if that makes a difference. Eco does make it a much stiffer and sluggish. You get used to it and its a nice option to have but not a mode to use 100% of the time because it doesn't do much as far as the fun factor if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
9 Posts
wow, that's pretty darn good for 23 MPG. How's the CVT? It is supposed to be the newly improved, new generation CVT . Is it fairly quiet and smooth? I had the first generation Murano and didn't quite like the CVT then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As far as the CVT goes, we also have a subaru legacy with CVT. Compared to the subaru legacy, it isn't even noticable at all to me. Extremely smooth and to me not even there.

wow, that's pretty darn good for 23 MPG. How's the CVT? It is supposed to be the newly improved, new generation CVT . Is it fairly quiet and smooth? I had the first generation Murano and didn't quite like the CVT then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These are pretty good numbers. I am getting only 15.4!!! And that is on ECO :confused:. Most of my driving is local but still pretty low. Next fill up I will change to Premium gas and see if it makes a difference. Love the car, hope I can improve that number though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts