Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just in a Q50 for a week while my JX was in the shop and one thing I noticed and liked was that the door would unlock when I walked up with the Intelligent key instead of also having to push the button on the handle. I looked in the owners manual and didn't see a setting to do this, is anyone aware if it's possible? I would like that feature where only the drivers door unlocks when I walk up.

Also, I love the large touch screen below the navigation screen , instead of all the normal buttons and switches on the dash, it's like an ipad screen and I can control and set most everything from the touch screen. I hope Infiniti starts using this in all their vehicles, it has to be cheaper to do that instead of having to design and build all the various switches and buttons and different shaped buttons depending on the vehicle. A screen allows them to program in anything.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
That seems strange having the door unlock as you approach the car. I know the lights on the door handle and interior lights come on as you approach, but never had the car unlock.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, the light comes on as you approach the car and as my hand was about to grab the handle, the door would unlock, I looked at the q50 owners manual and there is a touch sensor in addition to the button to unlock, so I guess the sensor was sensing my hand about to grab the handle

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see that the Infiniti Touch Navigation system is only available on the 2014 Q50, I hope Infiniti redesigns all their vehicles with the Infiniti Touch system

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
The door to the Q50 didn't actually unlock when you walked up. It unlocked when you put your hand in the door handle. I suspect we'll see that tech in the JX/QX60 next time there's a revision. Same goes for the InTouch system. In the meantime, let us Q50 owners be the guinea pigs for InTouch. It's still a little buggy and has a lot of lag at boot-up. Gen 2 will be much smoother.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sinecure is correct. It is actually a sensor in the handle that unlocked the door, not the intelligent key when you walked up to it. I would assume as the InTouch bugs get fixed, they will begin to start putting this system into the other vehicles, but we shall see.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i had once wanted to have the doors open automatically too if i walked close to the car.. but having the JX for 1.5 year now, i know i wouldnt actually want that feature.
it's just too easy to walk close to the doors or touch the handle without really want to unlock the car
pressing a button on the handle works perfectly fine to me and make more sense to me than anything more 'convenient' than that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts