Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The JX has auto light, if left on auto, will turn on when it is dark and off when it is bright, when driving. Mine never turn off. It will turn off automatically after a few seconds when the engine is off, but when I am driving, it will never turn off, no matter how bright it is. I set the sensitivity to low, suppose to turn on very late when it is getting dark. But it is always on when I set it to auto. I'm in US so there is no DRL. Does this happened to any one?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have my headlights set to auto, they turn on automatically when it gets dark and turn off when it is bright. No issues!! Do you have your fog lights set to the on position while the headlights are on the auto position? Because if the fog lights are on then auto headlight function does not work and they stay on all the time.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my headlights set to auto, they turn on automatically when it gets dark and turn off when it is bright. No issues!! Do you have your fog lights set to the on position while the headlights are on the auto position? Because if the fog lights are on then auto headlight function does not work and they stay on all the time.
Yes, I have the fog light set to on. May be that is the reason, I'll give it a try. But why fog light will disable the auto light function, what is the logic here?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Infiniti Logic. Manufacturers have issues with having the fog light come on when the low beams aren't on..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think that is the issue, making a independent control for the fog is not difficult. There must be some functionality concern regarding fog light on without the low beam.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I also have the same issue, my headlights will not turn itself off when driving, it's annoying because they come on in the garage, when I pull out in the morning for work they stay on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, I have the fog light set to on. May be that is the reason, I'll give it a try. But why fog light will disable the auto light function, what is the logic here?
Not sure why infiniti set it up this way but if you have you fog lights on the auto headlight function does not work!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I don't think that is the issue, making a independent control for the fog is not difficult. There must be some functionality concern regarding fog light on without the low beam.
I doubt it.. You can easily wire the fog to come on without the low beams. On every car I've owned it was like this.

The fog lights will ONLY come on with the low beams. In DRL mode the fogs will not run. I have no clue why..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't understand teh logic from Infiniti on this one. I confirm that if you turn off the fog lights, the auto light works as designed. But fogs on, auto will not turn off. Doeen't make any sense.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Let's me paint a picture for you. There are dumba$$ out there, including me, think it's cool to drive at night only with fog light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts