Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background: the dealer we placed our order with called today to let us know our order was rejected from the factory. They said starting 1 June, you couldn't order the Deluxe Touring package without the Technology Package. Has anyone heard this?

The "build your own JX" on Infinitiusa.com still allows you to select deluxe touring without the technology package. However, I searched several different dealers and couldn't find any incoming JX with deluxe touring that didn't have technology. I have until Friday to let them know what we want to do. For those who have it, do you find the technology package worth it? Do you use it daily or turn off the warnings? Do they get annoying?

Thanks,

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't heard of the change. It was always the other way around - you couldn't order the Technology package without the Deluxe Touring package. In order to get the Deluxe Touring package, you had to order the Theather package, and in order to get the Theather package, you had to order the Premium package.

It really stinks that Infiniti makes you purchase packages that you really don't want or need in order to get to other packages. I ended up with Premium only since the other packages weren't worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Although we haven't received our JX yet, we've been driving a 2013 QX loner from the dealership for six weeks. It has just about all the bells and whistles as the JX, less the back up collision system. My wife and I really got used to the systems. The DCA will spoil you in stop and go traffic. It works very well, but it does take some time to get the courage to trust it. You still have to pay attention however. We love the blind spot warning system since the QX as the JX does have some blind spots. Having the yellow lights on the inside of the mirrors makes it so much easier to see them than those we've seen on the outside of the mirrors in other models. We don't find the warnings annoying at all since they are relatively soft tones. The smart cruise control is a great feature and is one of the main features we wanted on a luxury vehicle. Set it and go! It keeps pace with traffic and you don't have to constantly adjust the settings manually when you are in heavier traffic. The other nice feature is the lane departure braking system. As much as I wanted to try to change lanes when someone was in my blind spot, I did chicken out, but did test the system by changing lanes without signaling, and it does nudge the vehicle back into your lane. You can override these systems. After driving the QX with these features for 6 weeks, I could not see ordering a JX without them. Maybe some people won't care for them, but both my wife and I are really spoiled by them. I believe the rain sensor wipers are standard on the JX. We had them on our Mercedes and loved them. They work great on the Infiniti. With all these features, the car practically drives itself. My only caution with all these features is, if you drive other vehicles without them, you could find yourself forgetting to step on the brake peddle, looking before you back, etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Seriously they force purchase of $3100 technology package if you want the deluxe touring package?
If this is true, it totally blows and I may even change my mind about getting a JX.

I really want to have the pano-sunroof among everything else, which is why I am looking at the deluxe touring package.
It is already sucky that $1700 theater package is a requirement for the deluxe touring package, which has nothing to do as the pre-requisite.

Now because I really want to get the pano-roof, I need to spend additional $4800 for something that I don't really desire/need? Something is sounding wrong here...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update from dealer:

1) They verified that Infiniti is no longer taking orders for deluxe touring unless the JX also has technology. Essentially they've bundled them into one package...you can't get either without the other one.

2) They also changed how you can order the theater package. If you want theater, you also have to order driver's assistance package, you can't just get premium and theater any longer.

The Mrs. hasn't fully weighed in yet (her car), but her initial reaction was that this change was enough to make her reconsider her options. I fully understand the need for efficiency in production and the increased complexity of offering these packages, but to completely revamp your offerings only a couple of months into production seems like a really bad choice for a new vehicle introduction year.

I'd appreciate any other insight some of you might have. We did a search within 1,500 miles of here and there was only one existing vehicle showing up in the system with the packages we really want (premium / theater / deluxe touring) with the Java interior. When we called that dealer, he knew how rare the JX is that he had and said there was no way they were giving it up to another dealer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update from dealer:

1) They verified that Infiniti is no longer taking orders for deluxe touring unless the JX also has technology. Essentially they've bundled them into one package...you can't get either without the other one.

2) They also changed how you can order the theater package. If you want theater, you also have to order driver's assistance package, you can't just get premium and theater any longer.

The Mrs. hasn't fully weighed in yet (her car), but her initial reaction was that this change was enough to make her reconsider her options. I fully understand the need for efficiency in production and the increased complexity of offering these packages, but to completely revamp your offerings only a couple of months into production seems like a really bad choice for a new vehicle introduction year.

I'd appreciate any other insight some of you might have. We did a search within 1,500 miles of here and there was only one existing vehicle showing up in the system with the packages we really want (premium / theater / deluxe touring) with the Java interior. When we called that dealer, he knew how rare the JX is that he had and said there was no way they were giving it up to another dealer.

Customer care also confirmed the change. They said the website would be updated shortly to reflect the new requirements. I wonder if this impacts any current orders.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think this is due to limited capacity. Infiniti didnot anticipate such demand and simply can't keep up wiht production, so they group the options to increase the porductivity. I wonder if this will also have an impact on the quality. Expect a price jump for the next model year. The JX at the present price range is indeed a bargain.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Seems more like a cash grab rather than ensuring you have long term happy customers.

Ive been put through the worst car buying experience. I'm on the edge of canceling my order (2nd order from 2nd dealership) and never buy from Infiniti again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My wish on the jx is very simple. I just need panoroof because my son is used to it in our current Mercedes. In order to get this, we were looking at premium/theater/deluxe touring. We didnt mind paying for the extras but Now that the technology package is forced upon us, it brings the JX to more than $55k.

Sure the JX almost has no competition in terms of bells and whistles as of today. But this move incentives us to wait for 2014 Audi Q7 and see what 2014 MDX may bring us.

Really torn because the JX has slowly grown on us.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad I have tech pkg. Use all of it. It's awesome. Only really wanted touring and premium. Truth is, when you're playing in the 50k range, 3k for top-of-the-line safety features just makes sense. I suspect the heavy marketing that was done, touting these features, is responsible for the change in the way these packages are being bundled...now that it appears as though demand is high for the JX. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My wish on the jx is very simple. I just need panoroof because my son is used to it in our current Mercedes. In order to get this, we were looking at premium/theater/deluxe touring. We didnt mind paying for the extras but Now that the technology package is forced upon us, it brings the JX to more than $55k.

Sure the JX almost has no competition in terms of bells and whistles as of today. But this move incentives us to wait for 2014 Audi Q7 and see what 2014 MDX may bring us.

Really torn because the JX has slowly grown on us.
Do the items in the tech package have no appeal to you?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They really don't to us. They're neat gadgets, but not things we would expect to use much in our daily commute. Part of being willing to wait for 7 weeks was getting exactly what we wanted on our JX instead of having to take something off the lot. It's a bit frustrating beause we could have owned one 3 weeks ago...dealer had exactly what we wanted but with the tech package on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts