Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new 2013 JX and have had trouble starting it twice so far. I step on the brake, press the start button and nothing happens (actually it goes into ACC mode). I believe the problem is that the transmission is not fully engaged in Park. Both times I pushed the gear selector lever up to confirm it was in Park and then the car started. Looks like I need to bring this in to get checked and adjusted.

Anyone else run into this situation?

·
Registered
524 Posts
No, sorry. I haven't seen this problem.

Try and note how hard the brake is pressed next time this happens so you can recreate at the dealership.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happened again today. I'll make note of how hard I step on the brake to see if that could be the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my JX since April. Just today for the first time it would not start- it almost acted as if the battery was dead. Everything blinked rapidly off and on (ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch...), then gave me a malfunction message on the dash that said to check the owners manual and mentioned FCW (Forward Collision Warning system) and BSW (Blind Spot Warning system). None of the electronics would work, not even the trunk liftgate. Luckily I was at home, but my daughter missed her dance class b/c my almost new vehicle didn't start. This is extremely annoying. I turned off the automatic lights and left the car to sit. Four hours later, it started completely normally, but the back-up system stopped me three times backing out of my garage- this is something I do at least a few times a day. This is not the first problem I have had with this vehicle and am starting to get fed up. I am a mom to three young children and have to have a reliable vehicle.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Bring it to the dealership and complain about all the problems. Ask for a rental. Complaining does wonders. Definitely sounds like you got a bad JX.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts