Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had my JX for a few weeks and haven't yet taken it through a non-dealership car wash for the first time. I asked at the dealership if the antenna should be removed when taken through a car wash and they said removal shouldn't be necessary, but it looks to me like the car wash could break the antenna pretty easily if it isn't removed. For those of you who use a drive through type car wash, do you remove your antenna? If not, any problems with it breaking so far?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've also used the car washes a few times and haven't experienced any issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ours broke off the first time we went through the car wash. Dealer said they had another one do the same thing. Makes me nervous although they tried to assure us it was a rare thing. Our Enclave went through dozens of times with no issues and a similar looking antenna. But I dout dealer will fix it for free if it happens again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I used the car wash several times and has not experienced such type of issues. Wash your car carefully and you do not need to remove antenna while washing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My JX went through the car wash yesterday and so far, no problems with the antenna. I was really nervous until I was able to get out and look to make sure it didn't break off. Thanks for all the feedback!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You dont need to remove the Antenna but try to avoid the car washes that aren't touchless (meaning the ones that smack dirt clothes and rags on your car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's so easy to unscrew, and screw back on. The extra 5 seconds are worth not having a broken antenna. Or an antenna based roof leak from play being put on the antenna.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts