Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iam alan zavacky new in this forum.I think this
forum is a complete solution of every kind of discussion.
So I am hoping I will learn more from here.
i must thanks to the admin and to all my friends...
hope you all help me to learn about this forum...

best regards,
alan zavacky

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome alanh.I have also joined this forum few days back.And I am also loving this forum.This forum provides very easy solutions and provides immense knowledge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Premium Gas?

Fellow memebers. My salesperson told me the JX AWD will run on regular unleaded. Did any of you hear this? I indicates on the brochure "premium fuel recommended" Do all of you use premium gas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Premium fuel recommended"

Before I drove my new JX (AWD) off the lot I asked the sales person about the octane controversy. He told me the dealership puts regular gas in all the JX's. Mine, he told me was filled up with Regular Unleaded for my drive off the lot to take the car home. It runs great! If your engine light comes on I'd say you have a problem that needs to addressed ASAP.

BTW-Just today Consumer Report Magazine has a great article about gas octane myths. If you look at the specs brochure for the JX, is says, "Premium fule RECOMMENDED".
It indicated that the "recommended" is another way of saying that you might be able to use regular unleaded. I am with no problems.

If the manual states, "Premium" you must use premium.

Welcome Zavacky. I too am new.

Good luck on your purchase. We are in love with our new JX.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you look at the specs brochure for the JX, is says, "Premium fule RECOMMENDED".
It indicated that the "recommended" is another way of saying that you might be able to use regular unleaded. I am with no problems.
Sure, you can run regular. But the recommendation is there for a reason.
By using regular, you would use up more fuel. So at the end, the difference is not as great as you hope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts