Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of adding an aftermarket LED strip in the linear blank area below the fog lights on the JX? I just started thinking about that the other day? Looking for advise on that possibility? Would it be cheesy?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Has anyone thought of adding an aftermarket LED strip in the linear blank area below the fog lights on the JX? I just started thinking about that the other day? Looking for advise on that possibility? Would it be cheesy?
If you haven't seen the threads that a couple of our members have put up, including pictures of the DRLs that they installed themselves, here is a link to one of the pages: http://www.infinitijxforum.com/showthread.php/1618-PHILLIPS-DRL-INSTALL-Part-1/page5

I've contacted Canadian dealerships to see if they could install them on an American JX and so far, no takers. I'm still looking however. I don't want to try to install them myself but would be interested in having a qualified mechanic install them on my JX. I just don't understand why Infiniti omitted them on the US cars. They have them on their sports models however. Go figure!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you haven't seen the threads that a couple of our members have put up, including pictures of the DRLs that they installed themselves, here is a link to one of the pages: http://www.infinitijxforum.com/showthread.php/1618-PHILLIPS-DRL-INSTALL-Part-1/page5

I've contacted Canadian dealerships to see if they could install them on an American JX and so far, no takers. I'm still looking however. I don't want to try to install them myself but would be interested in having a qualified mechanic install them on my JX. I just don't understand why Infiniti omitted them on the US cars. They have them on their sports models however. Go figure!
Thanks for the link. This may have to be my next project after I get my final speakers replaced. I would suggest that you find a local car audio place....A specialty one vs. a big box. They will most likely also do LED installations if you want to go the professional route.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Thanks for the link. This may have to be my next project after I get my final speakers replaced. I would suggest that you find a local car audio place....A specialty one vs. a big box. They will most likely also do LED installations if you want to go the professional route.
I think that might be the way to go. I'll have to do some more homework.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Is there a link or pic of the LED lights you refer to on the Canadian model JX?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just had the Philips LED DayLight 4's installed on my JX today, they look great and you can see them a mile away. I debated between the daylight 4 or 8, but went with the 4 ($75.00) and am very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I just had the Philips LED DayLight 4's installed on my JX today, they look great and you can see them a mile away. I debated between the daylight 4 or 8, but went with the 4 ($75.00) and am very happy with them.
Where did you have them installed and can you post a picture?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would love to see a picture of the installed lights. Did you do the install yourself?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

You would have to drill a bunch of holes for this to work but you don't have to worry about the bracket not fitting well.

Looks good.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The drill bit comes w/ package they sell. But you could drill into the area next to the fog lights because the slot below that is just a slot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did want them under the fog lamps, but if you look under the fog lamps there is really nothing to attach the lights to. I choose this location because it was a solid mount, under the fog lights was just too flimsy

·
Registered
126 Posts
Airlaird...i think, if you don't connect to the parking light cable, DRL should remain ON when engine running( battery spike).
Ok' i do have it connected to the parking light wire.....so which wire should i connect the drl's to???
Godeck james how did you wire your drl's ?
Airlaird

1 - 20 of 28 Posts