Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as "after purchase surveys" done by Infiniti such that it would affect the dealer's future allocation or affect them in some other way? I know that BMW had one at one point. I don't know if they have one now. Basically, if you scored the dealer anything less than "excellent", they get dinged for it. So much so that it affects their ability to get more car allocations in the future.

Does anyone know of such thing for Infiniti?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Is there such a thing as "after purchase surveys" done by Infiniti such that it would affect the dealer's future allocation or affect them in some other way? I know that BMW had one at one point. I don't know if they have one now. Basically, if you scored the dealer anything less than "excellent", they get dinged for it. So much so that it affects their ability to get more car allocations in the future.

Does anyone know of such thing for Infiniti?
From what I've heard from several personnel at dealerships, they do get penalized by the manufacturers if they receive less than excellent ratings from customers. This is the first time my wife and I purchased two new cars in one year. For our Rogue, we've received two surveys from Nissan Corporation, one regarding the vehicle, the second regarding the dealership. For the Infiniti, we've received similar surveys, and in both Nissan and Infiniti surveys they asked specifically if we were encouraged to rate the dealership high. I would think that Corporate management would give the dealership owner a good walk in the garden or worse if they started seeing customers indicating that they were encouraged to rate the dealership and salesperson excellent.

We have also received a survey, and yesterday, another follow-up survey from JD Powers and Associates on the Infiniti. It would be interesting to see how they use those results.

On a previous forum posting, someone asked a similar question and I noted what I heard from a close friend that used to be a manager at the former GM/Toyota Plant in Fremont, CA. He told me that when they receive the customer surveys regarding the dealerships, it impacts the dealership's ability to receive vehicles. As an example, he told me there was a large Toyota dealership in San Jose that always received very high customer ratings, therefore, they would send them more of the most in-demand vehicles and would also put special requests as a priority. Those dealerships that underperformed were not treated as well. He also stated that it is the strong culture of the Japanese automakers that quality and excellence in customer service are the most important elements in their business.

From what I can tell, Infiniti management shares those same values.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Bob's post seems fairly accurate. I don't know the extent to which survey scores affect the dealership. But I do know that salespeople are expressly prohibited from telling customers that the score they get on the survey affects their compensation. And technically, it doesn't affect what the dealer pays the salesperson. But it does impact the bonus compensation that the salesperson can receive from Infiniti. One bad survey can take months to recover from for a salesperson. And bad isn't necessarily what you'd think it is. Getting 7's and 8's out of ten on the survey is bad - really bad. All 10's is the goal. And yes, even the questions that appear to be about the vehicle, or the dealership, affect the salesperson's score. The scoring is weighted, but if the salesperson gets all 10's on the survey, they get a score of 1000. Anything less than 950-960 can negatively impact the bonus they may receive in future months from Infiniti.

What really stinks for the salesperson is when a customer rates them 10 on all subjects but wants to "punish" the dealership or the manager, or make a point to Infiniti, and dings them on questions related to finance, the cleanliness of the dealership, the "privacy" of the salesperson's office (like the salesperson has any control over that???), or the sales manager. If I was rude to you, or I didn't help you sync your phone the car, or I couldn't answer a simple question (or look up the answer), I deserve to get dinged. What's frustrating for salespeople, are the customers who smile and say everything is fine, then rate you a 5 or 6 on something. Or the customer who feels that 7's and 8's are "good" scores - they would be if this were high school - and rates accordingly.

Can you tell this is a sore spot amongst salespeople? If you buy a car from me, please give me all tens on the survey. Or tell me up front why I'm not going to earn all tens - maybe it is an issue I can rectify in some way.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Had a horrible experience from our local dealer, which they knew and I never received a dealer survey.

I figured it was because the dealership didn't want to get dinged.

·
Registered
321 Posts
As with all surveys, be fair and provide constructive feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.