Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a baby on the way and am considering the theater package, but it seems steep at $1700. I've heard it's cheaper to have after market screens installed in the headrests. Does anyone have experience with this in their JX or another car?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get the theater pckg. Its great and being factory installed is covered by the warranty. My Son loves it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I didn't order theater package because I am thinking to maximize Ipad and just buy a car mount.

You can either buy an imount where you put on the back of the headrest or imount that charge also your ipad and optional comes with wireless headphones. You can even pair ipad bluetooth and your car stereo for better sound for those prem package.

Just a simple suggestions..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do the theater package even if you go after market you will only save a few hundred dollars pending on what you buy of course, and if you know how to install the headrest and wire everything if not, you would have to purchase the headrest and a dvd out put unit and so fourth which will add u pin the end,

nothing beats oem

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Depends what you want. If you want it to be simple go OEM. If you don't mind the hassle of aftermarket and you want the better performance go with that. As for pricing, it likely won't be that far off. I can see aftermarket dins being installed into the headrest and headunit costing $$$. Top of the line double dins cost over $1000 alone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My kids are happy using iPod touches and iPad, never even considered theater package. Not only can watch videos but can also play games.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Considering you will probably finance the car anyway, you might want to see what the difference is in payment with and without the Theater package. As a previous post indicates, at least you would be covered by warranty. We've had the factory system in our Murano and Armada and know they worked well. I wouldn't recommend an aftermarket installation on a luxury car like this one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i think it would only increase your finace rate by so much if you add the theater option

I would only recmond an after market solution if its a killer one done by pros and its a clean set up

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Aftermarket head units aren't a bad option but it's not going to save you much money over the factory one. If you find the screens to be useful than get it. If I had kids, it would be a no brainer. Having them watch shows and movies in the back will keep them sane and quiet while you drive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got a friend that runs a stereo shop and had a real cool theater/navigation system put in my last truck. Although it was a great unit and deal. I spent the money for the factory equipment this time and I'm extremely happy! What a great system I'm currently putting a bunch of my dvd"s on to a 32G flash drive that just plugs into the USB port in the center console. No more toting around DVD's in the car. Also after a while I had some issues with the after market stereo equipment, luckly my friend managed the shop and it was a easy fix. Otherwise it would of cost $$$

1 - 12 of 12 Posts