Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for a JX. Would like to have the capability of putting stuff on the roof. Finding very limited selection of JX with roof rails. All dealers are telling me that roof rails can not be added by the dealer. I must have them on from the factory. This contradicts what I have read here so not really sure.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
This is not true. It was sort of true a month ago. Dealers couldn't order the roof rails as a part until recently. But now they can. You'll pay labor to install them, but yes, it can be done.

The other speculation on this board is whether the rails for the new Pathfinder will fit the JX. The rails for the Pathfinder look to be a bit more versatile than the ones on the JX.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The roof rails (if you can find them) can be installed aftermarket. I posted a link to the installation instructions in another thread. It didn't look hard at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine are being installed as I type. From my understanding (or what the dealer choose to tell me) is there was a shortage and some were built without the rails. My dealer finally got some for my vehicle that was suppose to arrive with them when I took delivery in July.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Infiniti cross bars scratch VERY easily. Rather than a durable powder coated paint, they use a glossy silver finish. When you slide a Thule box on to get it centered, expect damage on the bars. A solution would be to cover the top with a clear athletic tape to protect the finish. Wish I had known.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Roof rails and roof crossbar are two different things. I think the OP was asking about roof rails.
Yes, I know. I am just sharing this because those who get rails often get bars too. So, given what I shared, it may be a consideration for others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts