Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First off I know that our JX's have a CVT and not a 'geared' transmission. But when I accelerate from a stand still, there feels like a power loss (very very slight shudder) when I ease off on the gas pedal and then accelerate (lightly) again. This is most noticeable in sport mode because its trying to mimick a first to second gear shift. However if I accelerate harder then there's no shudder. Almost like the rpm drops too low when its 'shifting' its artificial gears.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if a K&N filter will help?

On a side note for anyone interested. I recently changed my fog's to 4300K hid and added yellow lamin x film (double up). The fogs are much brighter but scatters as expected in a reflector housing but does not blind oncoming traffic because of the low mounting position. The film produces a deep yellow color for the stock Canadian DRLs (also mounted inside the fog housing above the fog bulbs) and a bright yellow fog light. Color looks great but stock fogs are really more for looks than producing usable light. Looking to replace the fogs with some small HID projectors in the future (morimoto minis).

BJX

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Sorry can't answer the question about the acceleration shudder. Maybe it's the infamous CVT vibration?

Could you post photos of your fog lights though?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts