Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a ride out to Ocean Shores, Washington over the weekend and shot a few pictures of the JX on the beach. I was surprised you can actually drive on the beach out there. Even though the sand was firm, she got a real good bath and under body rinse when we got home. 22 mpg carrying 4 people and traveling at freeway speeds of 55 to 60 mph. Not to shabby!

JX35 At Beach 1.jpg
JX35 At Beach 2.jpg
JX35 At Beach 3.jpg

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome, you running premium unleaded?
I've been switching between mid and premium grades. This trip was all on mid grade. I tried one tank of regular and didn't notice any difference, but will stick to the higher grades.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been switching between mid and premium grades. This trip was all on mid grade. I tried one tank of regular and didn't notice any difference, but will stick to the higher grades.
Does the JX need premium? If not your better off sticking to the lower grade as it has been proven putting higher octane fuel in a car that doesn't call for it doesn't make a difference....just like what you experienced.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the JX need premium? If not your better off sticking to the lower grade as it has been proven putting higher octane fuel in a car that doesn't call for it doesn't make a difference....just like what you experienced.
The owner's manual states the JX should be run on 91 octane. There is also a sticker on the inside of the gas filler compartment indicating the same. We had a 2006 Murano with the same engine and ran mid-range fuel and it ran great. The 87 octane did cause the car to ping. It is so har to tell if the higher octane is any better.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Specs? AWD? How did the JX run on sand? Thank you for the post!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Specs? AWD? How did the JX run on sand? Thank you for the post!
Its a AWD. I put it in snow mode, but really didn't need it. The sand is pretty firm out there. The ride on the sand was incredibly smooth. Can't wait to try it in the snow.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thank you for the follow-up BobOB!

Its a AWD. I put it in snow mode, but really didn't need it. The sand is pretty firm out there. The ride on the sand was incredibly smooth. Can't wait to try it in the snow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts