Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. On pages 4-54 & 4-55 of the owner's manual, they talk about both the "air recirculation" button and a separate "fresh air intake" button. But the diagram on page 4-53 doesn't show any "fresh air intake" button. Is that just an error in the manual or does anybody have a "fresh air intake" button with a different package? I have the Premium and Driver Assist packages, and no fresh air intake button.

2. Also, when I hit the "air recirc" button, the A/C always comes on. If I manually turn off the A/C, the recirc goes off. Is there any way to recirculate air without the A/C being on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may be driving along on a cool day enjoying the outside air when I see a dust cloud up ahead. I just want to go to recirc for a minute or two to not breathe dust, and it's annoying to have the unwanted A/C kick on. I'm not talking about long-term recirc. which I agree could fog up the windows. Is this just one of those things that Infiniti won't let me do, like using all the GPS functions when in motion?

·
Registered
15 Posts
A lot of cars have those "features" hardwired to save people from themselves. Similarly when you hit the front windshield defog, the A/C kicks on automatically.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sidehill, there is no fresh air intake. You can enable/disable recirculation only. Some models have an intake noise detector / ion cleaner to detect dirty air and attempt to clean it. If the air is too dirty, you can enable automated recirculation.

You cannot have recirculated air and disable the AC. Infiniti has been doing this for years. I agree, stupid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts