Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do believe I may be the first. I just had to. To answer some preliminary questions... Yes there was a slight rub with the factory mud flaps, but we about an inch and half and that solved the problem (could have removed to solve the problem too, but I like em). Yes, I went with the 45 tire height because I didn't want the wife to curb check every time she rolls through a drive through. No, the ride quality was not compromised in the least... In fact, the body roll was completely eliminated, and it feels like you'd expect an Infiniti to feel - frankly it now feels a A LOT like an FX. LOVE IT!!
IMG_6700 (Small).jpg IMG_6690 (Small).jpg IMG_6693 (Small).jpg IMG_6697 (Small).jpg IMG_6699 (Small).jpg
Thoughts?

Oh and here's the images in full res...

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is one sweet looking ride. I have the same color combo and ordering those splash guards. The 22s really look at home on the JX. Nice work and thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks great! What offset are those. Would like to know how much they push out to the edge, Id like to push mine out a little as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sweet ride! Great look. It's reassuring to hear from you that the ride was not compormised too much at all. Again, nice & handsome look . :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Looks nice. Definitely sets the car off at a more aggressive tone. The look isn't for everyone but I've always been a fan of the modified FX.

Are you planning anything else? I see you have tints already.

A new front grill once that is available? I've seen some pretty nice FX grills.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks great! Can I ask you what color your car is? It looks like diamond slate in one picture and emerald graphite in another.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Props on taking the plunge man! Not a huge fan of the wheel style/finish, but thats just my personal taste. I do think 22's are the perfect size for the JX! Whats the offset on the wheels?

Now put some tire shine on those wheels and post some proper pics!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Lookin good! Are chains even legal anymore? and dont those tear up the road. Why not just get some good winters and called it a day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks great, you could even go bigger with maybe 23 or 24" rims as well , but wow it really does change the over all look of the car...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm surprised no one brought it up.... but those tires compute to be about 1.4" taller overall diameter. The extra leverage of the larger radius reduces braking power and acceleration torque about 5%. And it throws the speedometer off about the same, so if you are going 60mph, it reads about 57. That would drive me nuts! The wheel offset should be 50mm. If the wheels have less than that, it puts more leverage on the bearings. More or less offset than 50mm changes the tire track in a turn, so yes, it also steers differently.

And something to think about, if you are ever in a serious accident, even if it's not your fault, the other guy's lawyers will come at you saying you altered the factory parameters, which reduced the car's braking efficiency, which contributed to the severity of the accident. The tire shop will be a defendant, too. It's a twisted world we live in.

If this gets you thinking about the issues, and you're nervous, you can take the car back to the tire shop, mention the issues/ramifications, and tell them to put 20's on at no cost. If they're smart, they will. If they're dumb, a letter from your lawyer should wake them up.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
199 Posts
Not a big fan of that style of wheel but thanks for posting a picture of your JX with 22's, at least we know how the JX looks with 22's. I'm more into the flush, big wheel fitment with low profile tires. So I', guessing 26's will fill the JX wheel well nicely on 35 profile tires :D ?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts