Infiniti JX Forums banner
46K views 42 replies 17 participants last post by  Mayoo 
#1 ·
Stopped by my local Infiniti dealer and they had 3 2014 QX60's in the back lot. The passenger door was open so I peeked inside and, for the most part, things look identical to the JX. Some things that I noticed:

Plastic trim at the foot of the doors has shrunk in size.
Leather seemed a bit softer on the seats and the steering wheel.
The MPG has gone up to 19/25 on the AWD version: Perhaps they are using the new CVT that is in the Pathfinder?

Other than that, the only difference I noticed was the badging of QX60 and a 3.5 on the passenger side front quarter panel.

#29 ·
All the powertrain components between the QX and the late JX are exactly the same. So if the sticker for the QX says it tows 5000 lbs, im going to say the JX will tow 5000 lbs.

per one of the sales guys at Infiniti, they will publish this info for the JX due to commercializing the value of of the new QX.

#31 ·
I am satisfied with the performance of the transmission since I really wasn't interested in towing but I do think the switch out of the transmission and name change were both piss poor management decisions. Overall I am happy with Infiniti and just hope they don't make another stupid management decision.

#34 ·
Get on your knees and put your head under the front of the car. Just behind the engine on the drivers side (if I remember correctly ) is the transaxle, use the pictures posted earlier as a guide to determine which you have. There's only one component visible that will look like the pics, at least that was the case with mine. I'm no mechanic either, so hope I'm looking in the right spot. :)

#37 ·
The change gives you 1 mpg more and increased towing. The old CVT is by far the most reliable CVT Nissan ever created. Over 12 years of service. Through 2005 Nissan was offering 120k warranty on the CVT as a testament to its reliability.

There is no real reliability data on the new Xtronic CVT as it is going in its 4th year on full model runs (2 on the new Murano and 1 on the PF and now the QX60). On a sidenote...we're not even sure that the QX CVT is the same as the PF. I should know by Tuesday/Wednesday once I can pull the part number from PF.

If it is the Xtronic CVT, then we have pros of MPG and towing vs cons of reliability since the Xtronic has torque converter issues causing shuddering/vibrations. But this may have been fixed going into the QX.

This is really just a question "Tried and true vs shiny and new".

#39 ·
I have experienced the shuddering on my 6/13 built JX. This happened while I was on ECO mode and rolling out of a shopping strip at about 10mph, looked both ways and saw an opportunity to make a left turn without coming to a full stop so I stepped on the gas and the vehicle did not respond. Felt the shuddering for a good 2-3 secs before it responded, almost got T-boned from both sides...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.