Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by my local Infiniti dealer and they had 3 2014 QX60's in the back lot. The passenger door was open so I peeked inside and, for the most part, things look identical to the JX. Some things that I noticed:

Plastic trim at the foot of the doors has shrunk in size.
Leather seemed a bit softer on the seats and the steering wheel.
The MPG has gone up to 19/25 on the AWD version: Perhaps they are using the new CVT that is in the Pathfinder?

Other than that, the only difference I noticed was the badging of QX60 and a 3.5 on the passenger side front quarter panel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wonder if the mpg change is due to a switch to electric power steering? Dodge pulled a similar rabbit out of the hat in the 2011 to 2012 changeover for the Durango. Would make sense since the hybrid would have to use EPS anyway?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I recall, each had the "Premium Plus" package and a few add ons such as lighted kick plate and bumper protector. They were all around $49K sticker....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Some info I got from the dealer today

The 2014 Infiniti QX60 is starting to come in; however the packages and pricing is different as follows:

The previous Premium Package has been divided into two separate packages, and contents have been revised:

Premium Package
Tilt-down outside mirrors
Driver's seat power lumbar support
Driver's seat/outside mirror/steering column synchronization
Entry/exit assist
2-driver memory
Heated steering wheel
Remote Engine Start1
Bose®2 Premium audio system
Streaming audio via Bluetooth®3
Enhanced Intelligent Key Memory
Premium Plus Package (requires Premium Package)
Rain-sensing windshield wipers
Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System4
Infiniti Connection™5
Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection6
Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, which was previously part of the Premium Package, is now standard on all models.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
jugdish, where are you located? Just curious because we haven't seen any QX60's yet. We got Q50's before almost all the other dealers since we're in CA.

I've been hearing things both ways on whether the tranny from the Pathfinder is in the new JX. I'm anxious to find out the answer. That would give us more towing capacity and slightly better mileage (presumably).

You are right, Premium is now split between Premium and Premium Plus. Notably, plus adds Navigation, Around-View Monitor and Connection.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
jugdish, where are you located? Just curious because we haven't seen any QX60's yet. We got Q50's before almost all the other dealers since we're in CA.

I've been hearing things both ways on whether the tranny from the Pathfinder is in the new JX. I'm anxious to find out the answer. That would give us more towing capacity and slightly better mileage (presumably).

You are right, Premium is now split between Premium and Premium Plus. Notably, plus adds Navigation, Around-View Monitor and Connection.
You'll have to give us a "full report on conditions" (fire department lingo) when then QX60 arrives on scene.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read from NICOclub that the MY2014 QX60 will have 5000 lbs of towing (new CVT?) and available power third-row folding seats for the touring package....everything else seems the same with some reshuffling of the packages.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Yes to the power folding third row seats on the Deluxe Touring Package.

I have not seen anything yet confirming nor denying the revised tow rating.

While the 5K tow rating would make one believe the tranny is the one from the Pathfinder, I did look at a QX60 that showed up at our dealership. It still has the "manual" shift mode of the JX, so I'm guessing it doesn't have the other tranny.

If I can get them to put a JX and a QX60 on the lift side-by-side, I'll take pictures.

·
Registered
81 Posts
is it good to have the new CVT ? I am hearing Pathfinder issues with new CVT

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/infiniti-jx35-leasing-1359638/2/#post17124948

TSB

Subject: SB 2013 Altima Sedan V6 and Pathfinder; Shudder From Torque Converter Clutch
Summary of NTB13064:
IF YOU CONFIRM A shudder (multiple bumps) from the torque converter lock-up clutch engagement, and all of the following when the issue occurs: - Vehicle speed is between 18 and 35 mph. - Throttle position is about 10%. - When issue occurs, if more throttle is applied issue stops. - No DTCs are stored. NOTE: If the shudder occurs at speeds below 18 mph or above 35 mph this bulletin does not apply. ACTION 1. Replace the torque converter with the new one listed in the Parts Information. 2. Refer to step 6 in the SERVICE PROCEDURE to confirm if TCM reprogramming is needed. See this bulletin for further detail.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah, you don't want the new transmission just yet. Problems with "jutter", where the chain slips. Nissan hasn't worked it out yet. Our Pathfinder didn't do it, but I did the software upgrade anyway, and have felt it a couple of times. Other than that, I think this trans is superior to the other one the JX used in 2013. It's vastly quieter, and has a much lower high gear ratio for lower rpms cruising. But if it only lasts 50K miles, that's an issue. They have been replacing torque converters, and even some complete transmissions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so after a year with pathfinder transmission problems they still have no solution yet. And now they are going to use the same transmission in the Qx60... oh boy.. now what car am I going to buy...

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Here's a pair of pictures that confirms the change in trannies. The back end looks the same (transaxle and drive shaft). But the transmission cover definitely changes.

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just looked at my JX (april build date), it matches the picture on the top. Could this have been a running engineering change? Someone on Nicoclub was told that there had been such a change:

"Something my dealer told me, I am looking to confirm: He said that the 2014 QX60's (aka the 2014 JX35) will have an upgraded 5,000lb towing capacity, due to a revised CVT transmission. Apparently my late-year build 2013 JX35's model number comes up as having this transmission, as they began putting this new up-rated CVT in the JX from March 2013 build dates onwards. "

http://forums.nicoclub.com/2013-jx35-5-000lb-towing-t577780.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, this is really interesting. I am starting a lease on a JX on this Friday, wonder what my build date will be and what transmission I will get. Not sure how I'-d feel if I get this new tranny...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just finish install my hitch. It took me about 5 hours mostly to find the proper tools and try to understand the instructions. dealer wants over $600 to install it. My local hitch shop wants over $300 after reading instructions. I really hope it can tow 5000 lbs.

Anyone near San Jose bay area please let me know if you need to install hitch your JX hitch. PM me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts