Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 model year, a new nomenclature will be implemented on all its vehicles.

The new naming system will use a combination of a single letter prefix “Q” for all sedans, coupes, and convertibles, while the prefix “QX” will be used for all crossovers and SUVs.

A two-digit designation following the prefix will indicate the placement of each vehicle in the model range. The first vehicle to carry the new Q badge will be the Q50 sport sedan, which inherits the position of the G sedans and will be unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in January.

In contrast to the new simplified naming system, the current system contains several model prefixes:

G -- sport sedans, coupes, and convertibles
M -- luxury sedans
EX -- compact luxury crossover
JX -- 7-passenger CUV
FX -- performance CUV
QX -- full-sized SUV

Under the new nomenclature, the G Sport Coupe and Convertible will become the Q60, while the M sedans will become the Q70 sedan. The EX, JX, FX, and QX will become the QX50, QX60, QX70, and QX80 respectively.

What do you guys think about this whole name change on all the models? Does this matter enough or you to be turned away or it doesnt matter at all...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think it devalues our car since it will make prospective used car buyers think that we have an older car than we already have. So from that perspective, I'm not liking it.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I just think its piss poor planning since they just put out the new JX. You'd think that someone in management would have given some thought about naming conventions when the JX and the new sports car were on the drawing board. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when this discussion was taking place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts