Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not uncommon for changes to be made to first year models on the following year.

What do you think Infiniti should change?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would be floored if anything changes. Car companies, especially Asian car companies, pride themselves on lean sigma practices. Keeping the same design with little change reduces waste and cost. But, I wouldn't be surprised if they use the new CVT and offer the hybrid next year.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Paint colors and changes to the package options. If we're lucky it will include software changes to the tranny. This vehicle (along with the PF) probably cost $500 million to a billion to design and manufacture so it's critical to recover costs over the next 5 to 6 years. Year 3 they will include tail lamp and headlight changes, maybe a tranny change to standardize with the PF, but not much else.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see the tranny change to the unit currently in the Mallfinder.
Also, I expect we'll see a hybrid option.
Color options wouldn't surprise me.
Oh, and they're going to change the name. To QX60. I'm sure we'll be able to order new badges from the parts department to change from JX to QX.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't want to sound like a weiner, as I apparently have in the past when I was researching the differences between the JX and PF (I brought "Mallfinder" to the forum, but the abreviation "MF" doesn't look right). I was trying to learn, not offend anyone. BUT... as I have stated, the PF's transmission was the decider for me, not that I was able to test drive one before we ordered one. I based it off of what I could see from overall gearing ratios and a few days in a 2013 Altima with the new generation trans.

I remember reading about the JX transmission rumble, which is pretty common with a CVT. The sub-title on a PF article said something like, "finally, a CVT we don't totally hate". I can say that I really like the PF transmission, and while not trying to a wise-guy, I can say that the new generation CVT is quieter and smoother IMHO. The fact that it cruises 60mph at about 400rpm less tells you something.

If the JX would have had the newer transmission, we would have gotten a JX. If they start showing up next july with the new generation trans, I may be a little chapped.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's good that our expectations are realistic. Personally I don't think they are going to change much either. Just doesn't make financial sense.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would expect a mid cycle update in 2015 maybe 2016. models generally last about 4 years. So at that time, I would expect a hybrid version and some minor body style changes and LED DRLs like the ones to be shown off in the new Q50

I suspect the only change for 2014 is an uptick in pricing. heh.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nice lights...urgh.

I would expect a mid cycle update in 2015 maybe 2016. models generally last about 4 years. So at that time, I would expect a hybrid version and some minor body style changes and LED DRLs like the ones to be shown off in the new Q50

I suspect the only change for 2014 is an uptick in pricing. heh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish they would change the packages..... I want to order the Premium and the Technology Package together (the Driver Assist Package does not have the Lane Departure Prevention and Blind Spot Intervention which I would like to get) but the Tech. Package requires the Deluxe Touring Package (don't need it) and the even more useless Theater Package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts