Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, would anyone happen to know what the differences are between the new pathfinder and the JX. Apart from differences in the dash layout and body shape, everything else incl. seating design/layout, luggage compartment, CVT and the tech. Involving safety/theater packages seems to be the same! Not sure why it w kept so similar. I believe the difference between both fully loaded would be ~$10K. Wouldn't pathfinder poach potential JX buyers?

·
Registered
80 Posts
My opinion, the Pathfinder will be a little more rugged. It is similar to the Armada and QX. The Armada has the same drivetrain and can be similarly optioned for about $10k less, but the quality of materials aren't nearly the same,you get a better warranty on the QX, and you get all the extra Infiniti perks like a loaner when your car is in for service, etc.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
You will get more towing capacity and a lot of nice features but you probably won't get the high end features like rain sensor wipers, DCA, radar controlled cruise, etc. Since Nissan is not disclosing all the features for the new Pathfinder, I started comparing the Nissans vs. the JX to see the differences. If Nissan follows their current outfitting, they will leave the high tech features off the Pathfinder. They will make the Pathfinder into a real nice vehicle however. When we were considring the 2010 QX vs. Armada, we couldn't see paying the extra 10 grand for the QX. After driving a 2012 QX loaner for a month and a half, we could really see the differences between Armada and QX. I'm glad we went with the fully loaded JX. It is a real nice ride. We do miss the Armada, but don't miss the poor fuel milage.

·
Registered
321 Posts
^The current QX no longer shares the same platform as the Armada. It is based off of the Nissan-Japan Patrol whereas the Armada is still based off the Titan platform which is built in Canton, MS.

With regards to OP, I would say the Pathfinder will be tailored to be more rugged; higher tow capability (this is a known fact already), utility type of suspension, more user control of the AWD vs the JX intelligent AWD, tires, roof rack, etc. Bascially no glitz from the JX so that it does not lose all of the current Pathfinder following.

You will get more towing capacity and a lot of nice features but you probably won't get the high end features like rain sensor wipers, DCA, radar controlled cruise, etc. Since Nissan is not disclosing all the features for the new Pathfinder, I started comparing the Nissans vs. the JX to see the differences. If Nissan follows their current outfitting, they will leave the high tech features off the Pathfinder. They will make the Pathfinder into a real nice vehicle however. When we were considring the 2010 QX vs. Armada, we couldn't see paying the extra 10 grand for the QX. After driving a 2012 QX loaner for a month and a half, we could really see the differences between Armada and QX. I'm glad we went with the fully loaded JX. It is a real nice ride. We do miss the Armada, but don't miss the poor fuel milage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply guys. I agree that quality wise jx would be better than the pathfinder. But this line doesn't cut it when trying to convince the Mrs. as to the need for the extra $10k :)

The only reason that I would get the Jx is for the safety features for I believe that no matter how good of a driver you are, a little assist could some day save your bacon. If the Jx is able to prevent even 1 mishap due to any of it's features it'll be worth the extra money especially when the family is riding it.

Would anybody know what the safety/test crash ratings for this vehicle are or are they not out yet? Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^The current QX no longer shares the same platform as the Armada. It is based off of the Nissan-Japan Patrol whereas the Armada is still based off the Titan platform which is built in Canton, MS.

With regards to OP, I would say the Pathfinder will be tailored to be more rugged; higher tow capability (this is a known fact already), utility type of suspension, more user control of the AWD vs the JX intelligent AWD, tires, roof rack, etc. Bascially no glitz from the JX so that it does not lose all of the current Pathfinder following.
Yeah, I am not worried about either towing capacity or off road capabilities because I don't think that I am gonna do either all my life :). I only wish I knew for sure that the Pathfinder does not have all the safety features of the JX. Does anybody know as to when the final and complete specs of the Pathfinder might be available? Thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am curious myself.

Thank you. Looking at other Nissan/Infiniti products do you guys anticipate JX having top ratings or good rating?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been following both the new JX and the 2013 Pathfinder closely as I am interested in both cars. Nissan hasn't released all info about the Pathfinder yet so we have to guess on certain things. A fully loaded Limited Pathfinder will have some of the nice features offered on the JX:

- Bluetooth
- Nav with live traffic
- dual panel moonroof
- keyless start with memory settings for radio, climate
- remote start
- Birds eye view parking assist
- 13 speaker Bose system

My assumption is the Pathfinder will not offer the advanced safety features that the JX offers, as the website makes no mention of these safety features.

I have visited some Pathfinder message boards and I can tell you that existing owners are VERY upset that Nissan turned the Pathfinder into a "mall-finder" that is targeted at suburban women (like the JX). This new Pathfinder will possibly eat into potential JX buyers that are looking for value.

The interesting thing is that the Pathfinder may not be much cheaper than the JX. In terms of features, it appears a fully loaded Limited Pathfinder will be very similar in features to a JX with Premium Package. MSRP on the JX with Prem is about $46.5k, and if you look at the current-gen Pathfinder, MSRP on the high-end LE is $41k. So you're looking at a difference of $5,500. For some shoppers, this will be too high and they will stick with the Pathfinder. Other shoppers will decide it's not a big enough savings to downgrade.

Of course, we won't know for sure until Nissan releases final pricing. Critics seem to agree the JX is "value priced", and I assume Nissan will do the same with the Pathfinder.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^yeah agreed. The question I guess is the pricing. If a fully loaded Pathfinder comes out to >45k and people are just not that interested in its off road or towing capacity they might as well shell out the extra bucks for the Infiniti quality and additional safety features missing from the "mallfinder" :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think the members here have already covered the question pretty well. They are both very different cars. The look and feel of the JX will be different than the Pathfinder. The Pathfinder is also more rugged. JX is a luxury 3 row family car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
JX is a luxury 3 row family car.
If you look at the official Pathfinder site, Nissan is definitely marketing it as a 3 row family car. They show off the baby seat feature too. Of course, the JX ups the luxury factor and adds more options.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's not even a fair comparison.... If I was in the market for an Infiniti I wouldn't be comparing it to an Nissan. If your shopping for a cayenne you wouldn't compare it to a touAreg would you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's not even a fair comparison.... If I was in the market for an Infiniti I wouldn't be comparing it to an Nissan. If your shopping for a cayenne you wouldn't compare it to a touAreg would you?
I am in the market for a 7 seater that's not a van. And JX with its top of the line safety features fits what I want. But if I get everything on a Pathfinder incl. all the safety tech. on the JX AND the price difference is around 8-10k I would take the Pathfinder. But as other folks are pointing out that's probably not happening, either some features will be missing or the price diff. would be negligible. So I am still in the JX camp :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Somebody pointed it out before you do get perks with an infinit. If your JX is in for service your going to need a large veh for your family, Infiniti should be able to accommodate you. Plus you'll be Turing heads at the mall !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Somebody pointed it out before you do get perks with an infinit. If your JX is in for service your going to need a large veh for your family, Infiniti should be able to accommodate you. Plus you'll be Turing heads at the mall !
Haha...I am scared shitless in the mall parking lot especially when I am there in a new car....too many people swinging their doors with full force all the way out open without caring for the car parked next to it. My cars have always had the scars to prove it. My second peeve is people parking on the line and even after they realize that they are not parked correctly, shrug their shoulders and go inside. Would reversing once and guiding it in properly kill them? Getting off topic here, maybe start a new thread in the off the topic section :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
^ i totally agree with you. I wish the whole world thought like us. i park pretty far away and just walk. Try to get a corner spot too.

If you see yourself going off road or towing tons of stuff. Or you will be using the car for some type of work where you will be throwing alot of stuff in the car and lugging it around, get the Pathfinder.

Basically if you want a rugged outdoors car get the Pathfinder. If you want a luxury comfortable car get the JX. Not that the Pathfinder isnt comfortable but that's not what its known for. Plus if you like the features of the JX the choice is easy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts