Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan matches the competition for full-sized luxury crossover SUV with all-new 2013 Infiniti JX35.

What It Is
The 2013 Infiniti JX is a premium full-sized crossover aimed at consumers wanting a luxury SUV without the price-tag of the German brands

Best Thing
Quiet interior

Worst Thing
Third row is for children, small adults, or folded down for cargo space only. Snap Judgment
The 2013 Infiniti JX feels more like a top trim of the Nissan Pathfinder than a competitor to the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class or Audi Q7
We are more than a little perplexed at the existence of the Infiniti JX, which made its debut at the 2011 Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance before the production version rolled out at the Los Angeles Auto Show months later. Unsurprisingly, there was little change from concept to production.

Read more: http://www.automotive.com/infiniti/jx35/2013/road-test/#ixzz2MyZNzF5l

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I take reviews like this with a grain of salt. Owning many new vehicles in the past, I still put this as my favorite vehicle. It does what I wanted a car to do. Its extremely comfortable to ride in, and even though I'm 6'1", I'm not that uncomfortable sitting in the second row, and can fit in the third row if I need to sit in the back of the bus. Owning a Mercedes M Class in the past, I looked at the 2012 fully loaded model and decided it would not meet my passenger and cargo needs. Also, I found the Mercedes very expensive to service and maintain as compared to the Infiniti. Owning 7 Nissan products in the past, and literally having no major repair expenses, I'm still sold on their products.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Yep, that's a valid comparison. Pick two vehicles that are $6,000 and $20,000 more expensive and compare them. Makes sense to me. Actually more than $6,000 since you're comparing a FWD to an AWD.

This reviewer's perspective perfectly explains why the JX has become Infiniti's 2nd largest selling vehicle within 6 months of its release. Just goes to show that most of the readers of this forum have a better understanding of how people make car-buying decisions than most auto "journalists".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts