Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried installing 2 child safety seats in the second row?

If yes do you think an adult can sit in the 2nd row along with the 2 child safety seats?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would have to be a VERY skinny adult, or two VERY skinny child seats. Ours are 22" each with the stupid little arm rests (that can't come off).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tried it this weekend. Fit a small adult 5 foot female, between 2 full size front facing car seats. Definitely not ideal. Can do it if you have to squeeze in 7 (or 5 and need cargo space). However, 2 adults in 3rd row with 2nd row all the way forward (car seats in that row) was not bad at all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So basically my conclusion is you can use it in a pinch but not great for regular use. Thanks a lot for the input guys!

·
Registered
22 Posts
How old are the kids? Maybe the car seats can go in the third row? Are they forward-facing?

I have put three car seats in just about anything: Ford Contour (tightest fit), Chrysler PT Cruiser, Mazda Protege5. Couldn't have fit three identical large seats. And the space between two of them would have been tight for an adult, but doable. The JX is much wider, so technically there's enough room. But sitting between two seats will be like sitting in a hole. If you get two different seats that can overlap their bolsters, put one in the center and one on the outside, then might they both fit on the 60 portion of the second row? The adult could then sit on the right.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
There is room if the adult is small enough. That is one thing I checked when I went to see the JX. See how many safety seats you could fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts