Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and excited about the possibility of getting the new JX.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 18" and 20" tires in terms of:
- ride quality or road noise?
- does it make a huge difference in appearance?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The 20" over the 18" is for better styling. For ride comfort and road noise the 18" is likely better. It's up to you really. I don't find the difference in ride quality and road noise to be that noticeable.

·
Registered
196 Posts
We test drove a AWD with 18" on Sat and then a AWD with 20" on Sun. We ended up leasing the one with 20" (part of Deluxe Touring package). The drives were on the same route. The 20" does lose a little bit of comfort to the 18", but the better handling more than made up for it. We actually though the road noise was a little less on the 20", perhaps since it was a different tire, the road noise difference was due to the tire itself. The 20" definitely looks better.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Question is, though, do they worth the extra $1600 price tag?
We have the 20" deluxe touring packaged wheel. Anyone know if they are the same or different than the $1600 stand alone option? If same, then the rest of the deluxe tour is $950, well worth it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have the 20" deluxe touring packaged wheel. Anyone know if they are the same or different than the $1600 stand alone option? If same, then the rest of the deluxe tour is $950, well worth it.
Different this is the 20" forged wheel which is highly polished and not gray like the deluxe touring 20"
photo.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
So if i understood this correctly, there are 3 wheel options. 18" standard, 20" Deluxe touring and a 20" forged option?

For anyone thats picked up the 20" touring wheel, is it possible to post pics? I'd love to see what these look like.

·
Registered
149 Posts
20's will make a big difference in appearance i think it's worth it if you just want to do it for looks, gas mileage wont be as good, but no significant changes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well gasmillage could be the same depending on tire size and tread wear and all those other things as well! and also rim weight!

·
Registered
157 Posts
A big factor would be based on the tires because of rubber compound and size. The only thing when rims sizes are bigger they increase in inertia. And road feel is increased. If your looking for cosmetic upgrades the 20" will look amazing. Personally i would just stick with 18" due to the fact that when you have to replace tires the cost of 20s" are expensive.

·
Registered
175 Posts
A big factor would be based on the tires because of rubber compound and size. The only thing when rims sizes are bigger they increase in inertia. And road feel is increased. If your looking for cosmetic upgrades the 20" will look amazing. Personally i would just stick with 18" due to the fact that when you have to replace tires the cost of 20s" are expensive.
20's aren't that much more expensive than 18's, it's the odd sizes that get marked up, such as 19 and 21. 19's are more expensive than 20's. Plus with a JX how often would you need to change tires? to my guess....not often at all.

·
Registered
196 Posts
$168 for 18" oem tire and $225 for 20" oem tire at tirerack.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm curious how the 20" forged rims (@ $1600) will hold up in the winter months here in Chicago. It looks like they are same forged texture as other Infiniti rims on their cars. Ours is ordered with the 20" grey, but considering changing it to add the forged.

·
Registered
321 Posts
OEM 20s/20s Forged are not worth it...go aftermarket...maybe even 22s. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 20" forged match the car so nicely. I have them along with graphite color jx. Any pictures do not do them justice at all. You must see how great they look in person. You'll be happy you got them added. I personally don't like adding too much aftermarket parts and felt like they matched the style of the jx while the other 20" ones did not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the grey color of the DT 20" rim also does not show dirt/brake dust as well, another plus....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts